Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-09-2014, 09:55 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
I've looked around and I don't see an option anywhere to expand my garage? There's buttons to buy the currency and cars etc but that's it.
You only get offered to expand your garage when it is overflowing. Maybe we should add another way to do so...
Old 09-09-2014, 10:38 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I played the heck out of Extreme Road Trip 2 (Extreme Road Trip 1 and Extreme Bike Trip weren't as good IMO). I got my kids interested in it and they spread the word about the game to their friends and so on. I'm surprised to see such noobs here to this series. Watching Sanuku's video was painful, but I guess he never played any of the past games. The music is the same as the other games. If you like it, definitely check out Extreme Road Trip 2.

I redeemed one of the codes to give this version a try. One thing for certain this is a HUGE step backwards for the series. In Extreme Road Trip 2 you could rotate forwards or backwards as well as slam by swiping down so it made it feel like you had good control over the car as you could slow a rotation or counter rotate completely. Here, it's just backflips and slams with a dependence on the game to slow down the rotation. Also the switch to portrait is hard to look at. I get that it makes the game playable with just one hand but really who is going to play such a high action game without sitting there focused on the screen where they could use both hands? For a turn based RPG or games where the action is vertical it makes sense, here it just limits the view distance making the game harder for no reason.

Honestly, my first impression is a bad one. This is a massive step backwards from Extreme Road Trip 2. I get that it's a cut down version of that experience on purpose... but ... yuck. Anyone that hasn't experienced this series definitely go back to Extreme Road Trip 2 and give that a go. This game isn't really that horrible... but once you've played much better it's hard to stomach such a minimalistic approach to the series.

Also, the game asks about Notifications being turned on. I always appreciate that, yet (like all the other games) it showed up in the notification center as active. Last thing I need is more crap eating the memory of my phone... so I had to forcefully turn the notifications off. It's a major annoyance when games do this.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:49 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by yome View Post
You only get offered to expand your garage when it is overflowing. Maybe we should add another way to do so...
Still no option to upgrade all I saw was the numbers 21/20 in red in the top corner of my garage?
Old 09-09-2014, 10:50 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Still no option to upgrade all I saw was the numbers 21/20 in red in the top corner of my garage?
What message pops up if you try to press the "Quick Play" button right now?
Old 09-09-2014, 10:56 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
I played the heck out of Extreme Road Trip 2 ...
Hey, thanks a lot for the comment. It's very nice to hear the reaction of an ERT2 player, even if you don't really like the game.

The game is a bit of an experiment in a sense, because we were trying to reuse the basic concept in a different setting (with a bit more car management stuff). We've also been developing quite a bit of tech alongside, namely the event system (group multiplayer tournaments).

We'll see what is well received and what isn't in this game, and we then plan on reusing the improvements and new tech in a future game.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:34 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by yome View Post
Hey, thanks a lot for the comment. It's very nice to hear the reaction of an ERT2 player, even if you don't really like the game.

The game is a bit of an experiment in a sense, because we were trying to reuse the basic concept in a different setting (with a bit more car management stuff). We've also been developing quite a bit of tech alongside, namely the event system (group multiplayer tournaments).

We'll see what is well received and what isn't in this game, and we then plan on reusing the improvements and new tech in a future game.
I appreciate the positive response to my experience. I don't enjoy posting negative stuff about games... especially series I love. But I know sometimes it can help.

Of note also the appsize on Pocket Trip is 244 MB versus Road Trip 2's 119MB. Not sure what made this one twice as big as the last. Maybe it's the way the levels are generated or something? For me it's easier to keep around a casual game that's roughly 1/10th of a gig versus 1/4 gig.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:54 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
I appreciate the positive response to my experience. I don't enjoy posting negative stuff about games... especially series I love. But I know sometimes it can help.
Critical constructive feedback is the best feedback

Quote:
Of note also the appsize on Pocket Trip is 244 MB versus Road Trip 2's 119MB. Not sure what made this one twice as big as the last. Maybe it's the way the levels are generated or something? For me it's easier to keep around a casual game that's roughly 1/10th of a gig versus 1/4 gig.
Fixed in next version.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:51 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Right looks like I found the expand garage option. You have to try and start another race while your garage is overloaded then it gives you the option to go back or expand. Bit crazy they way that works but at least now I have a bigger garage.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:25 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Right looks like I found the expand garage option. You have to try and start another race while your garage is overloaded then it gives you the option to go back or expand. Bit crazy they way that works but at least now I have a bigger garage.
Yeah, after your comment I went ahead and added a button to expand your garage right in the top bar... Should be much easier to find now.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:40 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Level 86, 32 museum cars 😄