Postmortem of Astavoid: an honest Indie viewpoint

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by mygamingproject, Jun 10, 2012.

1. mygamingproject

May 8, 2012
    For those of you who enjoy gaming and also dabble in indie game development I thought I would share my experiences to date in my postmortem on the release of Astavoid.

For those that haven't visited my blog I am writing games and attempting to form an independent game studio by applying the principles of the 10,000 hour theory. I'm about 500 hours in and have released by first game just over 7 weeks ago.

Check out the postmortem blog at: http://mygamingproject.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/astavoid-postmortem.html

2. mr_wexer

mr_wexer Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Thanks for sharing lots on interesting details and good luck with your next game :)

3. mygamingproject

May 8, 2012
    You're welcome I think it's important to share and have gained so much from the indie community that I just want to give a little back :)

Follow me on @gameproject10k

4. emdash

emdash Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2012
    artist / Art Director
    Oakland, CA
    Great blog post, thanks for being so open about your experiences!

5. Rainier

Rainier Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Great post, and thanks for sharing! Many of us are going through or about to go through the same road you're taking, and the hindsight you share is going to help make that road easier for us. Good luck on your next game!

6. Oktagon Games

Oktagon Games Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Game Developer
    Brazil
    Many thanks for share your data!