Anyone else feel there is too many good deals to finish your current games?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by appreview123, May 22, 2009.

1. appreview123

appreview123 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    It's like anytime I start to get through a game there's another great price drop... which of course mean I have to try out the new game since I cant just buy a game and let it sit! and the cycle continues...

Damn you touch arcade... for telling me of all these amazing deals and giving me great reviews =P

2. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    For every 100 games I buy I play 80 and finish 1 :(

3. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    i couldn't agree more...i'm the same way.

I bought Myst when it first came out, and haven't even started it yet!!!

4. DonD_GT

DonD_GT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    Well, the sales let me 'sample' a lot of games, but I only play 1 or perhaps 2 games at a time in any real depth. The others become a diversion of sorts until I need more space and they disappear into the oblivion of iTunes again to make room for something new.

5. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    One game that I got recently I couldn't stop playing until I beat it. It was that good. Rockchinko I beat it last night.

6. iGame

iGame Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Wow, sorry but that's just sad...

7. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    Lol, good I was here thinking this was only me. I don't know, I guess we're all just addicts :D

8. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Are you kidding? This has been happening to me ever since I got my iPod. Don't think there's any game I've finished, except for BiA and HoS.

9. whateverg

whateverg Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    The only game I have finished is peggle

10. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I'm the same way.

I have several games I'm testing for iphone and ps3. I have promo codes that I get so I can give impressions then review for the Appstore. Then I have games like Peggle, NFSU, and Vanguard Storm which I play on my own time.

It makes it so hard to justify buying more games with what little money I have when I have so many I still need to get through :(

11. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Every game I ever want I throw on app sniper and wait for the sucka to be 99c. May take months, but I've gotten a lot of great games for 99c. Just got Nanofighter today.

12. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

I haven't even finished those. Not one game. I'm tempted to get the new Terminator game just so I can finish something.

Although I do spend more time researching and buying games than actually playing them so maybe ghats why...oh and the A.D.D. May be a factor.

13. bluecanary

bluecanary Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    USA
    i've finished 1 of the 100 or so games i have. seems like i'm always abandoning what i'm playing for something new

14. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    #14 Reaganomics, May 22, 2009
    Last edited: May 22, 2009
    I've finished Azkend, The Terminator, Terminator: Salvation, Ultimate Finger and Tap Defense easy and medium difficulty. Anyway, my other 100 games I have yet to really play. I have mostly all of the RPGs from the app store and the only one I'm playing is Inotia. I played The Quest for a week and finished two quests, but moved on to Inotia. I bought The Quest expansion pack just because it looked cool and I had to have it. I'm getting Zenonia and Star Defense when they're released. After I get those two games I'm hopefully done buying games. I have 8.5 pages of games and I need to start playing and finishing them.

15. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I have far too many games that I haven't even played once! It kinda sickens me really. The way the app store works is to blame. There's new games that come out every day, nothing is over $10 (and most are just a few dollars or free), and there's updates with new features and sales happening all the time. I'll see a game that might not even be the type of game I typically like, but it will look cool and all of a sudden one day it's a dollar. Done deal, bought. It gives you the feeling of "well if I grab it now, I'll have it forever and I can play it one day when I'm done with some other games". But multiply that by dozens on the daily, and it's almost humanly impossible to play all of them.

Plus it's a fun game just finding new games, having an internet browser at the ready makes it worse. I'll fire up the ipod to play a game and think "I'll jump on TA real quick and see if something new came out" then 3 hours of reading threads later I'm like "crap now I gotta go to sleep!" It makes it even HARDER to play everything. I need to take a week's vacation and just catch up on mah gamez!

16. Bdan11191

Bdan11191 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    I'm the same.
    I seperate my games in to ones with storylines and such that can actually be "finished", and ones to play casually that don't really have an ending, or much merit.

Doesnt make me feel so bad seeing them laid out like that. :p

17. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    Totally - I rarely play a game to the end or spend a lot of time on a particular game. A new one is always around the corner :) An exception to this is 'Rogue Touch', which has kept my interest much longer than most other games I've bought.

18. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Humm, anyone up for a poll on this?

Some games I purchased are never meant to be "finished" (X-Plane and Moxie, for example). :D So I guess I will never reach 100% complete.

19. TideTime

TideTime Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Too many good deals and just too many good games overall. I don't think there's enough time in a day to play through all the good games on the App Store, let alone do anything else.

20. Veratek

Veratek Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    VERATEkĀ®
    washington
    nicely put :eek: