Action RPG Games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by corsair, Oct 4, 2010.

1. corsair

corsair Member

Oct 3, 2010
    st elsewhere
    Any games out there similar to Zelda, Sword of Mana, DBZ Legend of Goku, Gurumin, or the like? Non turn based games where you can level up, collect items, etc.

2. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Across Age.

3. jmelrose

jmelrose Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Teach
    Central FL
    And if you wait long enough to get it, there maybe be a full half-dozen versions of Across Age by the time you purchase it. Only 4 as of right now... waiting for the "iPad Lite" and then DX (Retina display) versions. Then I'll collect the whole set!

4. Meta Knight

Meta Knight Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2010
    The best action RPG game is zenonia 2. You should get it it has leveling up items that change your characters appearance. Its awsome trust me if you don't belive me try the lite vesion first. And you should get it now that its on sale for 1.99

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Across age
    Zenonia
    Inotia: a wanderer of luone

6. Zenonia 2 and Hybrid 2 are on sale, and you may also want to consider Inotia 2.

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Only good ones in my opinion are Across Age and Inotia 2, that come to mind.

No(nice) comment regarding any Gamevil games.

8. GnarKill

GnarKill Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2009
    UI Engineer
    Bay Area
    I personally would recommend Dungeon Hunter but I would wait the second one is supposed to be out shortly. Another one I would recommend is Inotia 2. Unlike most others I really didn't like zenonia

9. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Zenonia 2 is the best there is on the app store, complete with tons of items to collect, skills to learn, and worlds to explore. On the complete opposite side of the spectrum is Fastar (Fight Angry Squares: The Action RPG), a game so simple it can barely be called an RPG, but is still fun.

10. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    Underworlds is pretty good, kind of similar to Diablo.

11. corsair

corsair Member

Oct 3, 2010
    st elsewhere
    thanks for all the great recommendations!

12. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    If you want more variety besides all these fantasy flavoured games check
    Imprisoned and def. Xenome.

Xenome is awesome!

13. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Inotia 2, action RPG? Lol.
    It's probably the single RPG in the entire appstore that's least like an action RPG. Semi-turn-based combat, extremely slow pace, huge grind, a total of like 2 attack skills, very little enemy variation. Good length and graphics though.
    There aren't any games like Zelda right now. Maybe in the future?

14. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    #14 S.I.D. CrAzY, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
    Haven't played it in awhile so I don't remember that well, but it wasn't your regular turn based rpg so I went with it, since they really are the only two rpgs I really liked for the iPhone.

Though I don't agree with it being "the single RPG in the entire appstore that's least like an action RPG".

EDIT: Saw some videos for it, I'd call that an action RPG myself. All the reviews I've seen for it say the same as well. I'm guessing I remembered it better than I thought.