beta test signup for Tanuki Forest

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jake-gumbleton, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Jake-gumbleton

Jake-gumbleton Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Freelance concept artist
    Uk
    #1 Jake-gumbleton, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

Hi guys
    We are a two man team and have been working on our first project for almost two years.

It is finally Beta O Clock! You can sign up here:

http://tflig.ht/1iW3dKu

A bit about the game:

We wanted to focus on a simple one touch game play mechanic with lovely visuals and lots of appeal. The games visuals are inspired by lots of things but the foremost influence is Studio Ghibli's films. We are massive fans of Oga Kazuo's beautiful paintings.

Tanuki Forest, sees players taking control of a mysterious forest creature as he strives to save his beloved home from the dark forces that surround it. As you fly into the forest you rescue animals which when collected join a trail behind you. Periodically you reach Shinto gates, where the animals can be left with the forest spirits and returned to safety, making it easier to fly again, or you can decide to keep the chain going making it more difficult for yourself but earning the player a higher score multiplier.

We are going to take the game to market as free so the balance of the IAP’s in there is important to us.

 Super fun and accessible one touch controls
     Beautiful hand painted artwork
     An amazing soundtrack from the super talented monster that is Leavon Archer
     Awesome guest heroes to help you in your difficult quest
     A Shinto Shop full of forest 'treasures' that the spirits sell back to our simple hero for all of his hard work

Thanks in advance for those who sign up and test it for us.

Due to the restriction with Apple with are only able to sign up so many testers. Please only sign up if you have the time to play the game and are interested in giving feedback.

I updated our screens shots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

I've been beta testing this and it's good fun. If you like endless runners like Jetpack Joyride then it's worth a spin. It has lots of power-ups that change the way you fly. Oh, and the screenshots don't do the game justice, the graphics look amazing on screen especially when it's moving!

3. Thanks to those that have signed up to give our game a test. The first build has just been sent via Testflight, enjoy!

We really would really appreciate any feedback, feel free to post any comments here or by e-mailing us personally.

If you wish to take part in the beta, sign up using the link in Jake's post and we'll do a new build shortly.

Thanks again!

James
    Mighty Mill Games Ltd

4. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    This looks amazing.
    Signed up.

5. Thanks, Jake has done a cracking job with the visuals. As one of our early beta testers, Chi said, it does look so much better in motion :)

Let us know what you think when you've had a go.

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I'm interested! Signing up now

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hmm when I click the link here Testflight doesn't recognize the device, yet it does when I open testflight through other means. So I can't really join at the moment. Darn

I'll PM my Testflight email so you could invite me that way if you would like

8. That's strange, PM me your e-mail and I'll try and add you a different way.

9. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Installing now.
    How would you guys prefer feedback to be submitted?

10. Feel free to post general comments in this thread, any specific bugs via email would be great.

11. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #11 Lazer Kat, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
    This games beautiful.
    Initial thoughts:
    This games going to be special.

I kind of wish I felt like I had a little more control of my guy. The up and down coin(?) lines are kind of difficult to grab.
    Also, when my iPads low on battery I play it with the screen pretty dim. When the screens dim the spikes are hard to notice. Personally, I think if they had a different color (yellow?)surrounding than red they'd be more noticeable.

12. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I signed up about half hour after the very first post but haven't got any reply, nothing showing up on test flight, does that mean I've not been successful?

13. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Wait until they accept you. You'll get a notification email about the first build

14. Hi, thanks for the reply, we think the game is beautiful, we're so pleased you do too :)

We'll collate the other feedback and go through it all when we've (hopefully) had a few more replies.

Thanks again!

15. I have accepted everyone who has requested to join so far (although I only accepted 2 new users this morning so they haven't been sent a build yet). If you PM me your e-mail address I'll try and get you added directly.

16. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I noticed last night when I go to teams in the app it has yours there, just no build to install and I've not had any emails, I'll send you my email.

17. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Is the doubler IAP working now?

18. Hi, yes it does, my instructions in the Testflight e-mail were incorrect, the username you need to use is '[email protected]' (note '-' instead of '_')

Sorry about that!!!

19. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #19 Lazer Kat, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
    Ohh cool
    I was going to pay for the doubler.

Umm.
    So, can you clarify what I need to do?

Nvm
    Got it

I just had to switch to UK app atore

20. As the game is still running the development sandbox you can't make IAP using your own accounts, I sent the instructions on what to do in the Testflight e-mail with the build. I'll PM them to you now.