Swords, cards, coins and pubs?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Insomnicron, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Insomnicron

Insomnicron New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Hey guys, wondering if you can help.

I'm looking for a nice, theme rich card or dice game in the same vein as the "fable 2: pub games."

Obviously that's rather specific, but I'd love to take a look at any thing remotely related...

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    -Insomnicron

2. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Uhh, never played that game, but Sword and Poker is probable the closest to what you're looking for.

3. Insomnicron

Insomnicron New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Sword and poker is a fantastic game, and one I've already purchased and played for many hours... But it's a bit different to what I'm looking for.

Essentially I'm after either a traditional card or dice game or at least a game that feels like it might be a traditional dice or card game, but where the graphics/sound/theme place you in a tavern or similar... Basically just a lavishly produced game, preferably with some hint of fantasy trappings.

In retrospect, it is a pretty odd request :D

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Go play cards in the Inn in The Quest. ;)

5. Insomnicron

Insomnicron New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Heh, that, weirdly enough, is almost what I'm looking for! :D

Durak, is also getting closer... sort of.
    It has a rich visual look and is really well put together... It's not inherently fantastical, (no one is slinging gold coins onto the table, in fact there is no bidding at all,) but as you can customize the backs of your cards, you can add a dash of that feel if your up to it.

Still I feel that mythical fantasy tavern game app is out there... Somewhere :D
    Like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fable_II_Pub_Games

-Insomnicron