Eliss on sale for the first time.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by StephThirion, Jul 5, 2009.

1. StephThirion

StephThirion Member

Mar 11, 2009
    #1 StephThirion, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
    Hi everybody,

hold the fireworks in your hands: Eliss is on sale at $0.99 until the next days.

http://itunes.com/apps/eliss

Happy fourth.

Steph

2. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    #2 djflippy, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
    Wow, if anyone doesn't own this already, that's a great deal for a great game. :)

It is one of my all-time favorite indie games on the iPhone, as you can tell from my sig.

3. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Tried the lite version, but I had no idea what I was supposed to do....

4. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    If I hold the fireworks any longer I won't have fingers left to play this game!

I'll definitely be picking it up sometime tomorrow or on Monday morning

5. aloepar1

aloepar1 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    USA
    I'm finally going to get it now

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Is there anything like a score or is it simply a case of pass or fail each level?

The ONLY thing holding me back would be since I already hate touching the screen in my games (hopefully the anti-glare screen protector will cut down the smudges), so a game that requires multi-touch scares me.

7. red9

red9 Member

Jul 1, 2009
    I did too, even deleted the game. Then I watched the video at http://toucharcade.com/2009/06/19/eliss-lite-a-must-try-iphone-game/ and re-installed it and wow, truly an amazing game perfectly suited to the iPhone's unique controls as a gaming device. Definitely worth the 99 cents IMO. Once you realize what you have to do/how to play, it truly is great.

8. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Video doesn't play for me unfortunately.

I'm going to buy it anyway. If I wait till' I figure this game out, I'll miss the sale lol

9. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    I just bought it last week for $3, yay! (Not sarcasm, I'm glad that paid more because it's a great game :)

10. vicente.ramirezch

vicente.ramirezch Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 8, 2009
    Santiago, Chile.
    Omg, i just bought it, and i'm absolutely in love with this game!
    So well done and so beautiful. A masterpiece!

11. StephThirion

StephThirion Member

Mar 11, 2009
    You progress sector after sector. But maybe a new mode along those lines could appear soon. ;)

12. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    Yeah this is an awesome game. I remember trying the lite version. Other games came out and I forgot about this one. Just bought it :)

13. Godzilla

Godzilla Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Actually not the first time, it was $3.99 when it was first released then on sale a few times and finally settling to $2.99, now just the cheapest price point it's been.

Well worth it.:cool:

14. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    For those that bought this a while back do you still play this game? Or is this a game you play till you hit level XX and get frustrated and quit?

15. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Definitely one I come back to. You can't find gameplay like this anywhere else. I mean that in the scope of platforms. You will only find this game on the iDevices. It's just fun, moving the circles before they collide with growing one, glopping them together, pulling them apart so that they fit the portals. It's awesome. Definitely recommended.

I will admit, it does get amazing frustrating at times, but take a break for a couple days, come back to it, you'll be able to beat it within 3 tries (and will want to, too).

16. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I got it. Initally deleted the lite due to having no idea what to do as others have mentioned. After watching the video - the light bulb came on, and it is a totally awesome game.

17. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I'm on the edge of getting this game. I tried the lite version. Loved it. I'm just not convinced yet. Anyone want to convince me?

For one thing, I hate games that I get, play once, then just leave it there. I have a few of those games, and I don't want this to be one of them.

18. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    You just have to buy this game for ¢0,99. I've bought it for ¢2,99 and it was worth that. It's a big challenge to finish levels and you just can't stop once you get the hang of it. If you loved the lite version you have to buy it now.

19. Delirium211

Delirium211 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Yeah, you just have to get this! I think this is one of the games that has to be in every iDevice. There are a lot of games that you can say "been there, done that"....this is not it. It's really unique and addictively fun.

20. StephThirion

StephThirion Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I stand corrected. :)