Announcing "Mummy's Revenge" Amazing 3D Graphics

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jbmoney13, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Everyone,

My name is JB, and I am really excited to announce the release of my new game "Mummy's Revenge".

Just a little about myself, I am 27 years old, I live in San Francisco CA, and I have been a gamer my whole life. I designed this game based on my love for great graphics and most importantly fun gameplay. Although this is my debut App for the iPhone and iPod Touch, I want everyone to know, this game is of high quality, you'll never feel like you wasted a penny on any of my games.

Also this is the first Forum I have joined to discuss my app. I have been using this forum to hear what the gamers really want and I really enjoyed reading what people had to say. I will be attentive and listen to everything you have to say. If there is anything anyone thinks my games need, i am open to listening.

Now finally here is a sneak peak of my new game "Mummy's Revenge" :D

Application Description:

Grand Opening Sale - 66% Off Full Price

$0.99

You play as Joe Adventure in this amazing 3D graphic action/adventure game. If you like blasting Mummies and Bosses with DUAL PISTOLS, SHOTGUNS, RIFLES, BAZOOKAS, and GRENADES with BIG EXPLOSIONS, this is the game for you.

Joe Adventure in this episode is a treasure hunting tomb raider in Egypt. He travels from pyramid to pyramid picking up Golden Scarabs. This upsets ANUBIS, the ancient egyptian god who protects the dead. He has awaken all the Mummies in Egypt for Revenge. They will stop at nothing to stop Joe Adventure.

Addictive action, blowing up Mummies and the ancient egyptian jackal headed god ANUBIS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you enjoy action movies like Indiana Jones and The Mummy, then this is the game for you. If you enjoy Zombie games like Zombieville or action games like Sparta then you'll really like this game.

"Mummy's Revenge" has been submitted to Apple and should be available in the App Store by 5/30. I will keep everyone posted on the official release date.

Also before I forget, I want to give my congrats to Kris for the success of Sparta, (I look forward to those updates).

Thanks everyone, and I truly appreciate all of your support.

JB
    CEO
    www.apptasticapps.com

2. JavierDavalos

JavierDavalos Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    :p

Those aren't 3D graphics they are Sprites created with some 3D renderer :p

But congratulations!, good luck with your game it looks promising :D

3. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    I think the graphics look cool and I look forward to seeing the game when it comes out. Do you have any gameplay video you can post so we can see what the game looks like in action?

4. Shocked

Shocked Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Looks cool, like a mummy version of Spart lords at war :)

5. WOW, you guys are quick:

Thanks for the Correction Javier. I should just say, the game looks great. Pictures tell a thousand words. :D

And thanks for the support, I hope it does well too.

To: Devilishly, I thank you too, I am working on getting a good quality video up for all of you to view. I can't wait for all of you to see how smooth the gameplay is. It will surprise you.

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Egyptian/Mummy themed Zombiville USA?

7. Yup, you got it, but we added some really intense graphics and grenades, with many more weapons to come.

8. Nightbringer0000

May 16, 2009
    Nice

this actually looks promising tho not 3-D it does look crisp the pics really stand out wish you had a gameplay video but guess we will just have to wait.

hehe

Good luck and grats on your new app

Nightbringer0000

9. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    This formula has proven popular in the past and recent past, so if gameplay and graphics stand out with a bit of innovative gameplay you stand a fair chance of doing reasonably well. Looking forward to some game footage. Good luck!:)

10. Shocked

Apr 19, 2009
    If it's as good as Sparta:LOW, it'll do great.

11. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    This looks really nice!

12. DieseliPhone

DieseliPhone Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    jbmoney13 - Welcome to TA!!!

Looks great, and at .99 launch price, this looks like a day 1 purchase for me!! Thanks for the new info on this one. I'll be keeping my eyes open for it!!!:)

13. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    can't you come up with something on your own instead of producing this complete rip-off?

thats what i really don't like about the app store....if something is successful, people start immediately to copy it. sigh....guess thats what happens everywhere but still annoying.

14. Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback.

To: Kumulus

I completely agree that originality is king, and that copy cats are a drag. Thats why "Mummy's Revenge" brings something new to the side scrolling action genre. I love Zombieville, I can't wait for the sequel, but I am sure we can all agree that there is room for more games like it, with some tweaks to make it a better experience for all the gamers.

15. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #15 salsamd, May 27, 2009
    Last edited: May 27, 2009
    Better to wait on a video before passing judgement.

Also, I disagree in principle. There are only a limited number of broad themes for games. Iterations of these themes are laid down in the app store, and it is the talented and/or well funded developers who advance these broad themes in creative ways. As long as the frontier continues to move forward, new games should be endorsed/criticized based on their merit of content, even if they resemble a predecessor...

16. Nicely Said, Thank you.

17. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    I somehow need a video. Why does Indiana Jones look pixelly?

I like the contrast though between his texture and that of his environment.

18. #18 jbmoney13, May 27, 2009
    Last edited: May 27, 2009
    Video Coming Soon

Trust me when I say "Joe Adventure" (thats the name of the Hero in "Mummy's Revenge") looks awesome on the iPhone and iPod Touch. I will have a video up very soon, within 24 Hours.

19. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    Woot woot! I'm psyched ;p :D

20. Shocked

Apr 19, 2009
    So, how much estimated time before submition?