iTunes Network Connection Problem

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by EB1089, Dec 19, 2009.

1. EB1089

EB1089 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Student
    #1 EB1089, Dec 19, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
    Anyone else in the US having trouble downloading anything from the App Store right now? I keep getting a "Could not purchase (_app name_). The network connection was reset" pop-up, which is ridiculous as I'm connected to the Internet, can browse the App Store, and everything. I'm assuming this is something wrong on Apple's end but is freaking annoying seeing as how I'm trying to take advantage of some app sales going on right now (and will be thoroughly pissed if it doesn't get fixed and the sales go back up).

On a smaller note, Imp or Oaf is listed as being 'Free' but is still 99 cents on the app's actual page. Guess Apple's not having a very good early morning in terms of connectivity and updating issues...:mad:

2. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Yep--the store's recent problems seem to have worsened. I can neither buy any apps nor install any updates, even though I can browse apps.

This started yesterday evening for me.

(BTW I'm on my phone, not my Mac. The message I get is simply "Could not connect to iTunes.")

3. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Me as well. It seems to be some type of apple server issue that's going through everyone. I had the issue right after imp or oaf went free(not important just my time gauge) and I retried about 10 minutes ago and it had been resolved.

4. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I've had no problems on the Australian Appstore.

5. EB1089

EB1089 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Student
    Well, I just tried again and it seems to be working for me as well now. I'd better hurry up before something else potentially happens. I dunno and it could just be me but ever since I was forced to upgrade to iTunes 9 when I bought my iPod touch 3G a few weeks ago, I've been having all kinds of trouble that used to be nonexistent for me. It's been constant iTunes freezes (which locks up about 3-5 times a day when it never used to prior to v9.0) and a few other minor annoyances but become kinda frustrating when they all pile upon one another.

6. EB1089

EB1089 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Student
    Yeah, I think it was just a US App Store problem. Thanks for the heads up though.

7. carnivore

carnivore Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    germany
    well in the last few days there also have been store problems all over europe, but since yesterday the store seems to run pretty smooth again at least for germany.