iOOTP Baseball 2013 [Universal App]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by OOTP Developments, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OOTP Developments

OOTP Developments Well-Known Member

If all goes well the game will be released April 4th. :)

Here is the final feature list:
    • Real 2013 rosters! Every player on every major league team is available, along with the top 20 minor league prospects for each team. Major league player ratings are based on PECOTA by Baseball Prospectus, the best player projection system today.
    • Unlock exciting achievements
    • Import custom ballpark images through iTunes
    • Redesigned interface
    • Improved play-by-play commentary and news stories
    • Brand new trading AI
    • Recoded & much more realistic player creation
    • New player development system
    • Improved roster & contract negotiation AI
    • Historical career play with real rookie import each season (requires successive years via in-App purchase)
    • Universal build, the iPad HD version is included for free!
    • Plenty of small tweaks & improvements

Here are a few screenshots from the new GUI:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the new features are custom ballpark pics. They are easy to use (no 3rd party tool needed, just iTunes!) and make the game much cooler (Disclaimer: the used ballpark pic below is not part of iOOTP 2013, I just used one from a OOTP user-created ballpark pack!):

[​IMG]

Sebastian
    OOTP Developments

2. gansta

gansta Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Instabuy for me. Love ootp 2012.

3. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Seriously excited for this one. Makes me super excited for the season to start! I am going through iOOTP 2012 again just in anticipation.

Thanks for the new features. I've been wanting a few of those, and the ballpark images on top of being able to customize icons is awesome! Can't wait to import all of that and play it while listening to the At Bat app.

4. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    Between the other two versions of this game i have put in over 500 years of baseball. Instabuy for me....my only hope is that the red sox prospects have been rated well. I always hate when my favorite prospect is only a 3 star potential. Bogarts, bradley jr, and middlebrooks all better be at least a 4 hopefully a 4.5

5. johnem95

johnem95 Active Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Unfamiliar with this franchise, but the game certainly looks right up my alley considering it has real baseball teams with real players! I'll definitely buy it!

6. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    My all time favorite game. Instabuy every year.

7. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Love the historical play with draft classes, but where's the online league play? Seems strange not to offer this on a mobile app.

8. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    instabuy! Price point?

9. goldglover411

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    probably 4.99 like the others began at. its a must by at that price.....the amount of time i spent with this game, i would have paid 15-20 for the new version

10. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    my feelings exactly. The amount of hours I have dumped into the game is immense. I pretty much sim everything and just do the outside managing, trading, drafting, signing etc..
    Nothing feels better than getting that 20 year old 5 star pitcher from another team. I wonder with the new trading AI how hard that'll be.

11. unbrokenchain33

Feb 22, 2010
    only a few more hours

12. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    people will probably think I'm crazy but this is the only game I am buying tonight.

13. unbrokenchain33

Feb 22, 2010
    sane here, nothing else even remotely interesting. This will be quality

14. ThisIsAUsername

ThisIsAUsername Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Looks interesting. Releasing tonight?

15. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    i believe so. yes

16. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    #16 curtisrshideler, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
    Any chance we'll see an update to this year's game so we can have two separate save files Manual AND Auto?

I'd love to load my Manual save from three games ago right before I lost due to some accidental bunts. But the current 2012 version's Auto save prevents me from being able to access my last Manual save due to only having one save file.

17. unbrokenchain33

Feb 22, 2010
    is this out in NZ yet? No thread.

18. OOTP Developments

The game is through the Apple Review process and should be available tomorrow (4/4/2013).

As the last two years: we will prepare a Opening Day roster update shortly after release. We had to submit the game early so the initial ones are slightly out of date.

Another info: we have planed a player editor for one of the early updates. It is a complex feature to add and most likely only a few hardcore user want to use it so we decided to add it after release.

Sebastian
    OOTP Developments

19. goldglover411

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    Sounds good. You will be receiving 70% of $4.99 from me as soon as the game comes out.

Look forward to the player editor and looking forward to seeing how this game projects some of the red sox prospects like jackie bradley jr and xander bogartes.

20. OOTP Developments

Keep in mind that the roster included is a few weeks old due to the Apple Review process that takes so long. Over the weekend we will prepare the Opening Day roster set and submit the first update to Apple!

Once the Editor is available you are able to rate the players as YOU think they should be rated as. :)

Btw., we are available in New Zealand now. :)

Sebastian
    OOTP Developments