Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-29-2013, 02:31 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Im still enjoying this game very much. Anyone ever got an SR out of an Ultra Pack? Best I got was a Gold Power Card for another character.

My char name is EiSREGEN by the way, in case you want to add me.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:57 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laire View Post
Eternal optimist that I am , I'm confident that the balance update will revolve around what's PROFITABLE first, and what "balances" the game second.
Hehe! It turned out you weren't optimist enough. They didn't boosted Panda nor nerfed Kaz. Have faith. ^^
And I need a Teaaaam :'(
Old 05-03-2013, 04:21 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulpa View Post
Hehe! It turned out you weren't optimist enough. They didn't boosted Panda nor nerfed Kaz. Have faith. ^^
I'll have faith when they change the game into something other than "play with 2 Super Rares and 14 Rares or you can't mathematically win regardless of WHAT each side draws for cards".

A game full of 'clone cards' where the Common and Uncommon versions are completely inferior to the Rare in every way won't last long.

Make every Rare automatically Unique (so you could use a Rare and two Uncommon of the same card, but not three of the strongest level). Limit the number of overall rares allowed in a deck. Design universal cards that can be played by any character to enhance Commons and cripple Rares. Make an alternate (optional) play room where you have to play with a particular limitation to your deck type. Add more cards to the deck size as mistervader suggested. Without a change, the game has no possibility of growth.

And that change can't happen - how would it help their profits to DISCOURAGE people from buying all those rares?

I will give them credit, though, for having the community show them which cards of Paul and Panda were more overused in winning decks so they knew exactly the best ones to nerf. (What did you THINK that "duel" was there for? )

Ah, well. It was fun for a month, which is more than can be said for some games. It's been max-minned, all the unfixable fatal flaws with the base premise are known, it's time to move on.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:50 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I am all for playing with the best cards to win, but to an extent, I agree with Laire in that this deck forces you to go get rares and nothing else.

Think about it. Any other CCG that has a good enough following makes good use of great commons and uncommons, and uses the rares to round out the decks.

Magic The Gathering does this in their modern formats (Vintage and Legacy is where broken cards get to play, so obviously different rules apply. But they still use a fair number of commons and uncommons.), and all but forces people to use commons (basic lands) as a starting point in deck design.

Assassin's Creed: Recollection does more of the same. You have rares, definitely, but uncommons like Knowledge is Power? They are a very huge part of the game, especially since not a small number of Rares are finisher cards that cost a lot, gold-wise.

I don't mind paying for cards. I just don't see it as good design to deliberately make terrible commons, terrible uncommons, and then good rares. I don't believe limiting rares is the answer. I believe fixing the card pool to give players reason to *want* to use certain commons/uncommons over rares should be considered.

But what do I know? I've just been a CCG player for, oh, a decade and a half already.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:50 PM

I keep getting notifications that someone has requested me for a friend, but when I check there's nothing in my inbox and no friends Anybody know what's up with this?
Old 05-14-2013, 05:23 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by witedahlia View Post
I keep getting notifications that someone has requested me for a friend, but when I check there's nothing in my inbox and no friends Anybody know what's up with this?
Are you sure you receives such notifications? I never saw such notifs ingame. You can tag any fighter as a friend at any time.