Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-13-2014, 09:32 AM

With the Wildcat there's the option to pass with the QB acting as an eligible receiver. Depends on the HB throwing ability I guess. What do I know, I'm English! Lol. Although this seems to have gone out of fashion in the NFL, I'm sure it'll return in some form at some point. Maybe when more of the read-option QBs have been injured through running those plays.

I love the idea of challengable plays! In single and multiplayer would be awesome!
Old 02-14-2014, 06:26 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulEd7 View Post
With the Wildcat there's the option to pass with the QB acting as an eligible receiver. Depends on the HB throwing ability I guess. What do I know, I'm English! Lol. Although this seems to have gone out of fashion in the NFL, I'm sure it'll return in some form at some point. Maybe when more of the read-option QBs have been injured through running those plays.

I love the idea of challengable plays! In single and multiplayer would be awesome!
Hey, I've finished adding three new offensive formations in the game today (Wildcat, Pistol, and Empty Backfield), and motion out of each is working correctly, as are strong left and right. I'll be tweaking the play resolution and computer calls, too, but right now doing a lot of minor things to make big changes easier - good point on the QB being a receiver, so I know I'm going to have to tweak Wildcat the most. Lots to do!

My goal is to get all these quick tasks done and hit the career mode hard in March, along with the Novice mode (I think that'll help sales next year, hope so). Then, sometime in 2014, I *really* want to create an Android version.

So, if I'm playing any of you in matches, I'll be pretty sporadic (I always am!)
Old 02-18-2014, 09:57 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I've uploaded some quick screen caps using two versions of the same font. Each image says either "font1" or "font2" - I screwed up, didn't realize I had different teams, so unfortunately it's not quite a one-to-one comparison. I do think these look sharper than the one I've been using.

http://www.prostrategyfootball.com/2014-testfonts/
Old 02-19-2014, 03:24 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I think for trying to make the menu better, either get hi-res icons of the bottom set of icons or hide all of those icons (as they're not super important) in a gear icon that people can click and will bring up the list.

And maybe get someone you know to design a game logo for you that you can use on top instead of just reusing the font. I also noticed the font size of the title is nearly the same size as the fonts for the buttons so it might be better to have them both different sizes (generally the title isn't in the main menu or is shrunk into the corner, or is shown as the biggest item on the menu).

Also I would suggest changing the background as it in my opinion doesn't blend with the game very well. Some things I'd probably recommend is using your lovely in-game art for a moving background. Maybe show a random team in a huddle in the background with a slow panning camera with the opposing defense slowly walking around on the field. It'd be even cooler if you had rain effects in game (I forgot if you have weather conditions) to add to that. Or if there's no huddle design you can show an offense about to snap in the background, also in the rain. Something dynamic. Anyhow these are just different types of designs that are common with really popular games that make them look very polished.

Sorry to nitpick but I'm just offering you my graphic design recommendations
Old 02-19-2014, 08:32 AM

Haven't been able to bring myself to play this (or really anything to do with the NFL) since my Broncs got a mud hole stomped in their arses.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:13 AM

You could try playing the Seahawks Not trying to insult you or anything. Sometimes even if my favorites lose in real life, game-wise, I'd like to try how the top teams play and dominate.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:32 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
I think for trying to make the menu better, either get hi-res icons of the bottom set of icons or hide all of those icons (as they're not super important) in a gear icon that people can click and will bring up the list.

And maybe get someone you know to design a game logo for you that you can use on top instead of just reusing the font. I also noticed the font size of the title is nearly the same size as the fonts for the buttons so it might be better to have them both different sizes (generally the title isn't in the main menu or is shrunk into the corner, or is shown as the biggest item on the menu).

Also I would suggest changing the background as it in my opinion doesn't blend with the game very well. Some things I'd probably recommend is using your lovely in-game art for a moving background. Maybe show a random team in a huddle in the background with a slow panning camera with the opposing defense slowly walking around on the field. It'd be even cooler if you had rain effects in game (I forgot if you have weather conditions) to add to that. Or if there's no huddle design you can show an offense about to snap in the background, also in the rain. Something dynamic. Anyhow these are just different types of designs that are common with really popular games that make them look very polished.

Sorry to nitpick but I'm just offering you my graphic design recommendations
Hey, interesting idea about having the field pan in the background! I'll dabble with that this weekend. I'd have to make it loop, which shouldn't be hard. And you're right - I could have its weather match the weather of the game. I think that my first pass will be just the empty field (with appropriate end zones), then maybe at least have the teams at the correct line of scrimmage.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStrategyFootball View Post
Hey, interesting idea about having the field pan in the background! I'll dabble with that this weekend. I'd have to make it loop, which shouldn't be hard. And you're right - I could have its weather match the weather of the game. I think that my first pass will be just the empty field (with appropriate end zones), then maybe at least have the teams at the correct line of scrimmage.
Yeah for sure. Go ahead and dabble with whatever you feel seems best. I like your in-game art the most and the menu doesn't do it justice. I was going for huddle imagery or offense lining up (when the screen pans you can even show defense running back and fourth or adjusting - but pretty much a static screen) with the rain because I felt like you needed something fierce looking to go with the music. Please show me if you decide to make any changes
Old 02-20-2014, 12:47 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Yeah for sure. Go ahead and dabble with whatever you feel seems best. I like your in-game art the most and the menu doesn't do it justice. I was going for huddle imagery or offense lining up (when the screen pans you can even show defense running back and fourth or adjusting - but pretty much a static screen) with the rain because I felt like you needed something fierce looking to go with the music. Please show me if you decide to make any changes
Will do, thanks! It may not be this weekend, after I thought about it. I'd like to keep working on the functionality, but I'll definitely try the field soon, and I'll post a video and screenshots when I do. Thanks!