Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #7241 Foxtail2010, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    Both of my Smoke dragons were bred with Blazing/Snow .... I tried lots of combos before those with no luck. Fog kept bringing on rain. Yeah this ones weird.. Fire, Air but can be bred with Blazing and any Element dragon.

Man, I'm still trying to get a Gold oly and a Seasonal. :-/ Looks like Smoke is a by-product of lots of the Seasonal combos. I probably shoulda waited on Smoke and they will come as fails.

Btw, I have my first gold shrine - Plant. Or should I say- Butter Plant shrine.

I see the Eclipse ornament is clear of shadow, looks pretty nice.

2. Mmclowes

Mmclowes Active Member

Mar 10, 2012
    New York
    Eclipse Dragon

Finally got my 2nd Eclipse... Now that its past the 19th, can 2 eclipse be bred to make a 3rd... or should I just display the 2nd egg?

Any thoughts...?

3. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes they sure can......my suggestion would be to hatch the second one, you can always put it in the hibernation cave, then just bring it out to breed with #1 to get your display egg, congrats on getting them ;)

4. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

Anyone downloaded the update yet?

5. ButterflyFan

ButterflyFan Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2012
    I did, and since then, the game quits before it loads. I'm restarting my iPod again right now. I heard of "dragon quests". Does anyone know what they are?

6. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    I just downloaded the update, but I couldn't figure out how to send a dragon on a quest... What I found is that there are swirls and other decorations on those rocks that we usually get rid of on our islands.

7. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Considering what was written about the update, the quest is probably for those who don't have Kairos yet. They will then be able to chose the quest or to race in order to collect the pieces.

Maybe I'm wrong?

8. mbd12110

mbd12110 Active Member

Oct 19, 2011
    can be bred I did one for the egg. I like the shadow!!

9. ~ebbnflow~

~ebbnflow~ Active Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Missing a couple of DragonVale friends on list

I got a feeling there's a new update. Why? A couple of friends disappear from my DragonVale list whenever an update is available. And after updating the app -- lo and behold -- they reappear! :rolleyes:

10. ~ebbnflow~

~ebbnflow~ Active Member

Nov 4, 2012
    #7250 ~ebbnflow~, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    And, thanks for the positive feedback on my "Turkey Island." Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Almost forgot, got the two solar eclipses and a display egg. Also had the topaz display egg and a silver. Now trying for a silver display egg (steel+cold). Finished turning my metal statue into gold using mostly chrome dragons. Three more statues to go -- air (37/50), water (17/50) and cold (14/50).

11. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    There is an update not sure what it does says we can send dragons on quest. I have seen nothing new.

12. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #7252 girlpower, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
    LOL, same thing happened to me when I went to send gems...some friends had dissappeared which is a good indication of an update.....

Since the update, my iPad is crashing all the time now :mad:
    Can't even breed anything.....looks like I'm gonna have to squint my way through on my iPhone until my new iPad arrives.....my poor old eye sight really
    struggles with the small screen....even with reading glasses :eek:

13. Thornefeather

Thornefeather Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Job seeker
    Virginia, USA
    Update

The main part of the update is for those who don't have Kairos. Clicking on his perch will give people the option of starting quests instead of racing in order to get pieces they need. You still need to choose the dragon that corresponds to the name of the quest. Still costs $50000DC with the possibility of food and xp as prizes.
    And the "shiny new rocks" are just the swirls on the larger rocks. I only have 1 left so I almost didn't notice.

14. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    If you already have the Kairos, I would hold off on the update. Lots of reports of crashing. The main part of the update are the quests and you can only do the quests if you don't have the Kairos. I'm sure they will be issuing a fix for the crashing.

15. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Will the update help me get a gold Olympus?
    4 silver, 7 bronze, 0 gold
    :mad:

16. ~ebbnflow~

~ebbnflow~ Active Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Updated the app and sure enough, missing friends are back! GP, sorry to hear yours crashing. Mine is not crashing, so far. I can tell something is different -- when I zoom out my iPad, I can now fit almost two islands on the screen. That's way better than before, but maybe they could bring back the old feature of letting us zoom all the way out to see the entire map. It's like viewing from space.

17. lildarien

lildarien Active Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Thank you to those who have pointed out the quests only apply for people without Kairos. I thought I was missing out on something basic!

18. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    I've read they've already pushed out a couple of updates (the kind that make the game take forever to load) that's resolved some of the issues. Has the crashing gotten better for anyone? I went ahead and updated and so far no problems but I haven't played much.

19. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    I like that you can zoom out farther, but why don't they just get rid of the visitor count button? It just takes up visual real estate and the number of visitors you have is meaningless.

20. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    #7260 dean288367, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
    Just saw that there was an update for DV and as always I came here first to check it out. So what is the verdict on updating and crashing ? I have Kairos but don't want to lose friends that I need to send gems to.

Went ahead and update - half my friends were missing. Everything seems fine.