Universal Fighting Fantasy Legends (by Nomad Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalwastebasket, Jul 27, 2017.

1. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    I'm going to rescind my earlier comments expressing concern about this game being at all redundant if you've got either The Warlock of Firetop Mountain 2017 or the earlier Gamebook Adventure entries that cover some of the areas in this game.

Really all this game does is use the setting names, features, and beastiary/villains in what feels like the Talisman games married to the Sorcery games. This really scratches an itch that I have when I'm playing Talisman sometimes, in that I don't always feel like filling in the story gaps with my imagination.

Interestingly the combo also gives me a Heroquest vibe.

Hopefully more people take the plunge with this one. The concept of choosing how many dice you have as stats and upgrading them as you level up is also much more interesting that I thought it would be.

2. jaxon58

jaxon58 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    Thanks! Hero Quest was a heavy influence for us with this game. Glad you're enjoying it.

3. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    #63 nkx, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    A new patch came out but I cannot buy more than one medical herb at the herbalist still even though the patch said this is fixed

Update love the game! The game had me hooked and glad I took the plunge. Great job to the devs! Just beat all three main bosses hope they add more books to this app. No idea where the warlocks keys are at

4. Eddie Riff

Eddie Riff Member

Aug 1, 2017
    One key is easy to find in Firetop Mountain, one is easy to find in Port Blacksand and the third is also in Firetop Mountain...

5. jaxon58

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    The herbalist fix will only be corrected in a new game, unfortunately.
    Thanks for your purchase, it's much appreciated!
    Please leave a review if you are (or aren't!) enjoying the game. It really helps with sales and encourages us to make more.

6. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Thanks for confirming works now I'm on hero hardcore and oh man I'm having close calls but so much fun! Also left a review I hope you guys add more books to this game! A lot fun and the game was well made!!! I'm glad I picked this up

7. jaxon58

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    Thanks!
    It's surprising how strategic Hardcore mode is. One wrong step and it's all over!

8. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Yeah but I'm loving it. I just beat city of thieves and on my way to the next tower.

I hope you guys plan to add more content soon!

9. ian vanhorne

ian vanhorne Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Love this game!!! Anyone know where the password is for the tower in the citadel of chaos, I remember it being in a book in the library in the original, some things have changed, any help, would love to move on, great game with a wonderful new vision of the game book experience:)

10. jaxon58

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    Glad you like it! Please leave a review on the store if you haven't already, it really helps us.

Without wanting to spoil things too much, the password is not found within the Citadel itself. It's on another map. That's pretty vague :)

11. ian vanhorne

ian vanhorne Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Ahhhh!!! Good enough!!! Thank you kindly good sir,, i reviewed it twice really, after the update the old reviews seem to vanish, five stars ,, everything I have played of yours is quality, as game books go its visionary really, also very much appreciated that your one of the few company's that make games workable on older pads, I hope it undergoes chronic expansions ( hint hint) just as tailsman, thanks for the help and well done :)

12. jaxon58

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    Thanks for your kind words! Much appreciated.

13. Deadpan

Deadpan Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Just thought I'd drop in to say how much I'm enjoying this game, I hope it's getting the love it deserves and I'm really looking forward to expansions!

14. jaxon58

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    Thanks Deadpan!

15. Eddie Riff

Eddie Riff Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Requests

The game is brilliant but...

Could the Pawn Shop be stocked with some random legendary items...perhaps costing 100 Gold Pieces?

Could we have some Random Wilderness Encounters when travelling across the map and Random City Encounters in the other towns? Perhaps these could linkup with each city having one random drop Quest (like helping the old man in Port Blacksand)

Can the cheese drop on the south side and the mouse on the north?

Please make the Maze of Zagor a nightmare.

Please make it possible to return to Zanbar Bone's tower and re-stock it with Random super nasty monsters so that the game has more to offer after completion.

16. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #76 Son of Anarchy, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    The game really opens up and starts to shine once you become skilled enough and can afford to take some chances. I'm starting to appreciate all the design choices now and am finding the game to be brilliant.

I'm (hopefully) nowhere near finished and already wishing there were further expansions to buy as I don't want to reach the end.

Edit: Reviewed, Australian AppStore.

17. jaxon58

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    The problem with having wilderness encounters (which I did want to add) is that none of them could cause you Stamina damage because there would be nowhere to 'go' if you lost all Stamina. The idea is that each book is a 'level' and the Allansia map is like a level selector, so if you died on the level selector then that might be confusing.

The Maze of Zagor is legendary in its difficulty. I chatted with Steve Jackson (who wrote that bit) at the weekend and he's very aware that it was perhaps too hard in the book. I wanted the player to be able to work out how to get through it themselves, without the nasty teleporting, but I did zoom the camera in a little so that it was tougher to see where passages led.

18. jaxon58

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    Glad you're enjoying it!
    Please leave a review if you haven't already, it helps us a lot. Thanks.

19. Eddie Riff

Eddie Riff Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Could you not have Yaztromo's Tower as a respawn point if death occurred in the wilderness? It would reinforce his role as a friend of adventurers.

20. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    This game was worth it at $4.99, and is a steal at $1.99.