Need more games on my iPhone! (rant)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by red9, Sep 13, 2009.

1. red9

red9 Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Anyone else find the 11-page limit on the iPhone completely annoying? Since really getting interested in iPhone apps and games and buying wayyyyyy too many of them, I'm seriously way over the maximum apps/pages limit on my iPhone. Yes, I know you can install a virtually unlimited amount of apps or games, however they're all hidden in a beyond-the-visible-realm area and quite frankly, you forget that they're there.

I know I might be classified as a pack rat, but I like to have apps and games on my phone in the 'just in case' event that I need an app for something or feel like playing a particular game at a particular time.

I'm a huge fan of games that can be replayed over and over again and don't necessarily have a pre-determined 'ending' (I'm looking at you Doodle Jump!) and thus have no reason to just remove from the phone. Perhaps that's one of the reasons my pages of apps are bursting at the seams. Also, aren't all game saves and information lost when removing a game or app to make room for another? What happens when you decide you want to play that game again later after deleting?

Sorry for the somewhat long-winded nature of this post, I was just wondering if anyone else had the same thoughts and frustration I do about the limit?

Clearly my wishlist would be as follows-

1. Let us add categories/stacks/folders/whatever so that we can consolidate similar apps/games together and free up space to add even more apps.

2. The 11-page limitation is (now I'm not a mobile hardware/software expert, so I may be wrong here) completely arbitrary. The app limit went from 148 apps to I believe 180 now-but that's just displayed apps. You can (as far as I know) install an unlimited number of apps, it's just that the only way to access them is to search explicitly for them once you fill up 11 pages. I see no particular visual design reason for 11 pages vs 15 or 20 or more, it's just dots on the bottom of the screen anyway. And if too many dots are a visual problem for Apple's designers, see #1 on my wishlist. Bottom line is, give us more pages for apps!

Anyone else have any ideas, or is there a solution to all of this (without jailbreaking) that I've missed?

2. weisome

weisome Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    I know you don't want find a solution without jailbreaking but why not? You can get Categories, 5 icon springboard, etc.

3. sour

sour Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    School...
    Aurora, Colorado

Haha, I'm fine with the limit... I mean, I don't even have enough memory for all of the apps/games and I don't even spend that much money on apps/games to even worry about the limit. But, I can see why, in your case, you're annoyed.

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    This is like the 27th essay (and yes, I mean essay, there's an intro, three body paragraphs, and a frickin' conclusions for god's sake). We get it, it's frustrating. Jailbreak and move on.

5. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I think you should just jailbreak. With redsn0w it only takes a few minutes and you can just install what weisome mentioned, categories and five column springboard, to fit more apps.

6. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    6 icon dock, as of a couple hours ago.
    Downloading it now :p

7. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    You can get an 8 icon dock...

8. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Did I just read a 12 paragraph essay sent to a forum filled with strangers about how a man wants to spend more money on games that will be worthless in a month???

9. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
  10. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
  11. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Do the multiple page glitch..like what Bat and i did (btw I have 19 pages).

12. Nico75

Nico75 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    How do you get it?

13. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    #13 Ddyracer123, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
    Honestly, I think it is amusing to see you guys whine for more pages. How much you want a bet that half of your 11 pages you don't even use. I have 4 and I use ALMOST all my apps. Apps I don't use or want I get rid of, I delete because I know I could always easily bring it back.