Games Similar to Stranger Things?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by curtisrshideler, Aug 3, 2016.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I've purchased many apps and games, and usually have either played or wish-listed everything I like or want. But occasionally I discover new gems thanks to people like you all. So, what games would you consider most like the story found in Stranger Things (new Netflix show) or Silent Hill? I really wish Oxenfree was on iOS. I hear that has some similarities. Thanks for any suggestions!

2. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    #2 curtisrshideler, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Personally, the closest thing that I'm currently playing might be Fahrenheit, which is one of my favorite PS2 games. The story just isn't the same though. Sure wish someone (other than TellTale) would come out with a good adventure game based around the show!

Also, Forgotten Memories and Lost Within come to mind. Oh, as well as Minecraft Story Mode. That's got more of the vibe I'm looking for. But I can only play so much of the choose your answer type of games.

3. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Maybe Amazon Game Studio's Til Morning's Light. At least the main character looks a bit like a young Winona Ryder, and the game plays like a not deadly serious horror.

4. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Great suggestion! I totally forgot about that one. Thanks.

5. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    The School: White Day is another great horror game, possibly the best on iOS. Bit more Korean than Stranger Things though - how good is that show?!

6. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    It is a fantastic show. Only 8 episodes long so you can easily watch over 2-3 days. Finished the 8th episode like 9 days ago and will probably start watching again from the beginning this week

7. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I've heard of that one. Glad to hear another positive about it. Also thought about the pricey Corpse Party since its initial bugs have been fixed.

As far as the show goes, easily one of my favorites. They had me by the end of the main titles of the first episode. But I'm a John Carpenter 80's horror movie fan. So, the style and music got it totally right. Then the fact that the kids are great actors and the story is gripping makes this easily one of my favorites. Easily worth this year's cost of having Netflix.

8. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Just read an interview with the Duffer brothers where they say they would like a video game to bridge the gap between season 1 and 2. So maybe we actually get a Stranger Things game.

9. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yes, yes, and more yes! Wish I could help beyond that. I'd love to see some dev like Rocketcat do this.