Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-02-2013, 02:13 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

It took me several tries to beat the first boss. I am really enjoying the 2 zombie games Chillingo released on the 23rd.

As for this game, has anybody here completed it? I ask because I wonder if the broken brain and armor achievement will show up in Game Center or I should just wait until Chillingo puts out a fix. (Game completion and task completion)

It seems like leader boards in general are hacked so easily
Old 06-02-2013, 06:09 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Ok I finished this one just now but a bug probably doesn't let me get the "Big Completer" achievement, thing is the game doesn't recognize that I completed the last level (saw the ending video and I did finish the last level 3 times to make sure it didn't work), but it doesn't show that the objective is complete.

So anyone at Chillingo can tell me if there is an update on the way please? The game takes 1gb and I have 16gb only, so space is an issue for me.

Edit: Can we expect iCloud into this as well?

Last edited by TheFrost; 06-02-2013 at 07:08 PM..
Old 06-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Finished!

What I like: The story and how is presented, its really good and I liked it a lot. Its humorous, its interesting and very cool. It takes you to a lot of different locations and all of them , although in water environments, feels very different to each level. You go from a fish tank to a sewer to a river to and alien base to waterfalls, to the sea and so on to make some examples. Its feels fresh throughout the whole game, all levels have something unique to differentiate them from the rest and the objectives too. Congrats for that. A total blast to play.
The whole eat to grow gameplay feels really satisfactory and is a blast to play, and some of the fish are hilarious. It has a lot of varied fish and a lot of bosses to fight, each one of them with a lot of personality and a uniqueness feel to them. Bosses are fantastic to play against and each has their own weak spot.
The fish tank can a fun time consuming collectors thingy and help replayability big time, there are 50 fish to buy and add to the tank, each one adding properties to improve your fish attributes on the main story, and there are 5 different types of accessories (with 5 different decorations in each category) to decorate your fish tank too.
Graphics and sound and music are fantastic and immerse you further into the game, making it a total blast to play overall.
A lot of different good and bad powerups that mixes the game and add variety to the gameplay making it even better.
Took me between 4 and 6 hours to finish it, without all the objectives and without filling the fish tank (have a huge back catalog if games to complete, sorry) so it takes longer.
The whole things a lot of care and love and hard work with a lot of cool details to it.

What I dont like: You can get a lot of zoomboil ingame to get you covered throughout the whole game and buy a lot of fish and the basic decorating, but to have the best fish and ornaments it it would take a medium grind and complete all the objectives too.
Didn't like tilt controls, had to move my iPhone around too much and the touch controls are a bit loose, but once you get used to them feels good and since only a couple of levels make you feel rushed, they are comfortable for what you need them.
The size of the app, almost 1gb. I know its full of animations, videos and cool things, but in my opinion is too much and Im sure it can be a lot less. Because of this, I want o uninstall it to make room for more apps.

Final Rating: 4.5 out of 5. Amazing. Make it premium (as in a higher price and No IAP), •••Spoiler:  a true ending, not that "or not" thing, and a smaller file size and makes the 5 stars.

Conclusion: A game that restored my lost faith in Chillingo. Hope that makes a lot of money for the developer and see future projects from them on iOS. Buy it, for a buck you cant get much better games than this.

Edit: Forgot about the app size.

Last edited by TheFrost; 06-02-2013 at 07:09 PM..
Old 06-04-2013, 10:20 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Thanks Frost for the answer. Chillingo usually updates their games when bugs are present but they do not fix achievements such as in the first Flick Champions title.

(If you try and play the latest updates of the original Flick Champions, you don't earn GC achievement points for anything although GC is still present in the game.)

I've contacted Dan and someone else at Chillingo and my responses have been ignored.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:20 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

I contacted them too about it but been ignored too, lucky me I backed up my saved game before uninstalling (1gb) using iFunbox (not jailbroken) and can get the achievement later if they fix it.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:50 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Ok I finished this one just now but a bug probably doesn't let me get the "Big Completer" achievement, thing is the game doesn't recognize that I completed the last level (saw the ending video and I did finish the last level 3 times to make sure it didn't work), but it doesn't show that the objective is complete.

So anyone at Chillingo can tell me if there is an update on the way please? The game takes 1gb and I have 16gb only, so space is an issue for me.

Edit: Can we expect iCloud into this as well?
This is the first time I've heard of this happening. I'll make sure the developer knows about the issue, if they can reproduce it on their end I'm sure they'll fix it in an update.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:23 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick@Chillingo View Post
This is the first time I've heard of this happening. I'll make sure the developer knows about the issue, if they can reproduce it on their end I'm sure they'll fix it in an update.
Tanks a lot
Old 10-20-2013, 10:29 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Just picked this up and must say that I am really enjoying it so far. Great concept.