"New iPhone Games" page now worthless

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by AlpacaLips, Apr 1, 2010.

1. AlpacaLips

AlpacaLips Active Member

Apr 1, 2010
    In recent months, the touchArcade page http://toucharcade.com/newest-iphone-games/ has become gradually less useful. The reason is that it only includes the 60 most recent new additions and price drops, and these have come at an increasing pace to the point that one must check the page multiple times each day to see all the apps that cycle through.

Today however, it went over the line by adding all "HD" and "iPad" apps. The oldest app on the page is now 2 hours old. This makes it useless not only for iPhone apps, but for iPad apps as well.

Please consider segregating iPad apps onto a separate page.

Further, I'd suggest a more complex interface that allows more flexible searches. For example, I would love to have the ability to search only for apps that:

-- are for iPhone
    -- are Free
    -- do not contain the word "Free" or "Lite" in the name

In the meantime, anyone know of another site with more detailed search abilities?

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

3. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Yep best site, exactly what you want right there. Made by the same guy who made TouchArcade for you.

4. AlpacaLips

AlpacaLips Active Member

Apr 1, 2010
    I agree that appshopper is better than average in the flexibility department, but it definitely doesn't do what I need, for two reasons:

1. There's no way to look at only iPhone apps. You can look at all apps or iPad only apps, but not iPhone only apps.

2. It does not allow searching by name.

This page comes closest: http://appshopper.com/all/games/prices/free but it still lumps in a bunch of stuff I'm not looking for that would be easy to exclude if only the interface allowed it.

(Of course, the best solution would be for Apple to improve the App Store interface at the source, but they seem to always follow the rule "simple above useful".)

I'm not really trying to be negative; it just seems to me that there's no reason for this functionality not to exist.

5. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    On New Games section, iphone games and ipad games should be separate...

6. All-Eyez-On-Me

All-Eyez-On-Me Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    They should be seperate, so iPod Touch/iPhone juniors do not get confused.

7. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    we're working on it

8. AlpacaLips

AlpacaLips Active Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Sweet! THanks.