Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-23-2014, 03:01 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Well, it's been known for a while now that Jeff's no longer doing stuff for iOS, but I guess this means he didn't pay that yearly $100 fee to keep his developer account alive. *clenches all Minter titles tightly and hopes they magically continue to work on iOS forever*
Amen! *wipes away a tear*
Old 11-23-2014, 03:06 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Sad state of affairs, met Jeff Minter at a couple of shows in the UK. He has a huge hit on PSN with TxK which is good to see.

When i spoke to him he seemed to suggest people somehow arent willing to spend a few dollars on an iOS game, he didnt seem to make tons so moved onto other projects.

Its a sad state of affairs when you hear stories like that but you see that all the time 'can i have 20 replies about this game before i decide whether to spend $1 ?' or 'i'll wait till this drops to $1 or is free before spending $2 on it...'

Think Jeff was quite frustrated by it, shame as his iOS games were great. Glad i've got them all. But i think its a 'small' nail in the coffin everytime a talented dev leaves iOS gaming
Old 11-23-2014, 03:20 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

yep, I think Jeff was making the best games of his life. There's only one thing for it, I'm going to try and crack the top 25 of each and every one of his iOS games. I bought a Vita just to play TxK and it was worth every penny (and more).
Godbless you, Jeff. Tadley rocks!!
Old 11-23-2014, 03:31 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

This is incredibly sad. I bought all of Jeff Minters
games for iOS. Have enjoyed them immensely.i have them in my library of bought apps but none are presently on my device. I never backed them up. When I went to download any of his games from the cloud the items are no longer available. Just like that all gone and no way to play them ever again
Old 11-23-2014, 03:34 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Without sounding like your dad .....

People please please back up apps ! With so many cloud services where you can get 50 gig free you can surely backup your favourites. Suicide not to back up your apps and trust that every app will live forever in the app store !!

Go to itunes, click on Edit/Preferences, click on Advanced and you can see where your backup iOS files are. I've changed mine to backup to Dropbox...

H:\Dropbox\iOS apps backup

So in there (Under Mobile Applications) i have a LOT of .ipa files as its all the iOS games i've ever bought, i started backing them up due to not wanting to ever lose Gridlee !

Last edited by psj3809; 11-23-2014 at 03:37 PM..
Old 11-23-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
yep, I think Jeff was making the best games of his life. There's only one thing for it, I'm going to try and crack the top 25 of each and every one of his iOS games.
This news does indeed suck. Maybe Mr. Minter was unaware of the developer license expiration; there's some hope that his titles could reappear on iOS, I guess.
Until then, I'll be following in slamraman's footsteps and playing his games more. Maybe this'll make me finally finish GoatUp 2...

Last edited by Guise; 11-24-2014 at 01:00 PM..
Old 11-24-2014, 06:07 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Damn!! My quest to get into the top 25 of every llamasoft game appears to be futile as I decided to start with Goatup and it's game centre leaderboard has vanished. Can I say shite here?
Old 11-24-2014, 07:04 PM

Jeez, I just got so scared! Reading this last page of posts made me think that he'd died!

Alas, you were only speaking of his departure from iOS. Pheeew!