Worms or KIL.A.TON?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Masmo, Aug 17, 2009.

?

Worms or KIL.A.TON

1. Worms

33 vote(s)
    62.3%
  2. KIL.A.TON

20 vote(s)
    37.7%
  3. Worms

33 vote(s)
    62.3%
  4. KIL.A.TON

20 vote(s)
    37.7%
  1. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Hi guys, I know that Worms has recently been updated, fixing the bugs that stopped me from buying it. Now KIL.A.TON has come out and I'm torn between the two. Any suggestions on which I should pick would be greatly appreciated. :)

2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Get Worms! KIL.A.TON looks like a coppy of iShoot. Worms is really funny and fun!

3. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #3 ultimo, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
    Hi!

I am just wondering why did that update Stop you from buying it?
    Its a great patch tht they have added to it.

Worms FTW!

I own my copy of Worms, not kilaton, not planning to get it either.
    The smoke & the particles effect seem ok to me.

I could not play any other game from the time I got worms, till I had to test a few others in their Beta stage or help a Dev who's game is already out & sound was added to it

Depends on what you want!

4. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    ok, before I say anything: I'm a HUGE fan of Worms, but I was also a beta tester for kil.a.ton

Out of the two I'd say kil.a.ton is the one to get. I own both for the iphone and I don't feel that worms has lived up to the potential of the series .he new update fixes some of the issues but i'm starting to believe the controls are better suited to a controller (I could be playing to much on my ps3 though)

A least with kil.a.ton you get a campaign mode and an online mode to play against others.

5. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    I personally can't recommend Worms as it's still not up to scratch, and out of some kind of principle if I could choose again I would wait to see if they fix the remaining problems before buying.
    As for KILATON, I think Pocket Tanks looks more fun, but then that doesn't have online multi...

6. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I would say worms, but instead of kilaton, get star hogs, its really good, and has online multiplayer.

7. Zack101

Zack101 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    How!? how can you compare them! You're insulting team17 and worms!

Worms wins hands down, kil.a.ton is no where near as good!

8. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    If you want turn-based, I suggest you go with Star Hogs. If you want simultaneous action, then go with KIL.A.TON. Both of these have campaign modes which for me makes them better than WORMS. WORMS is good for the graphics and humor, but it only allows for single-game play.

9. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Team17 already insulted themselves and worms for releasing the worst worms port ever on any platform. I played the updated worms, it still plays like turd and where's the multiplayer?

I TOFFT kilaton, it's good, give it a try. I really like the concept of the simultaneous action, but it does make it harder to predict or plan your moves... Just as Big Albie mentioned, for online multiplayer, nothing comes close to star hogs AFAIK.

10. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    he said bugs that prevented him from buying the game, not the new patch

11. Muzic <3

Muzic <3 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Kil.a.ton.. I love this game. I played Worms: Armeggeddon when I was younger and had to be one of the biggest fans.. But right now Kil.a.ton is better than worms. A lot more playable and has cool features.. Everybody shoots/moves at once for example. But it depends on YOUR taste too.

12. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Yeah, I think that even with the update, that Kil.a.ton has better controls. And that makes up a large part of the game. I would recommend Kil.a.ton, though I wish it had more weapons.

13. Mormoop

Mormoop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    I'm pretty unhappy with Worms. It's a great game series and if you can get it on another platform I would, but on the iphone it just doesn't work. Maybe it will be improved, maybe not.

As others have said Star Hogs is fantastic and better (for the iphone) than Worms. It's night and day really, the controls are great (and really intuitive for the touch screen) and the game play is really deep with the customized ships, etc. Worms feels like it's just dumb luck if you pull off a shot and the controls, while better, still only do what you want them to do 2/3 of the time at best.

Star Hogs multiplayer could be improved a bit (I'd like to see a Uniwar-type interface for game listings and a lot more options) but it's good enough. Considering Worms has no multiplayer at all and won't for months (and even then, how good could it be with the current control system?) that should seal the deal right there.

Don't know Kil.A.Ton... Maybe I'll try it myself, or wait for a sale since I'm ambivalent... But Worms should be bottom of the list, especially if you have it on another system already.

14. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    #14 Masmo, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
    Thanks guys, I wanted to get one but there were mixed impressions on both, so I'd probably get both, haha :p I forgot to mention I had Star Hogs and it is really good and I was looking for another game like it.