Need help from a fellow developer with a 3rd gen iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by jasonf, Feb 22, 2010.

1. jasonf

jasonf Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Hi fellow devs,

I need help debugging a problem that has cropped up in my latest game. It's released to the store, and I'm being flooded with complaints that the graphics are not working on the 3rd gen iPod Touch, even though it seems to be working fine on the iPhone 3GS.

(details in this thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=886432 )

Unfortunately I don't have a touch to test with, and I'm trying to find a friend with one, but they all seem to just have iPhones (no touches).

So, can I ask anyone with a 3rd gen touch, who is willing to run a snippet of code on their device and tell me the NSLog output, to please PM me as soon as they can so I can send them details of the function I need to run?

Thanks to anyone who can help!
    Jason

2. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    you may be using some open GL calls not available on non 3GS devices?

seems to be a color intensity/lighting issue that may possibly only work on 3GS devices and on non-3GS devices (which, is a lot of devices) you get that washed out effect. are you having the same issue on non 3rd generation devices? how about on the simulator?

3. jasonf

jasonf Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    But the thing is that it works fine on the 3G and 3GS, and it seems to work fine on the 1st gen iPod Touch. Just not working on these 3rd gen touches....

:confused::confused::confused:

edit: works fine on the simulator too