Map My Run+ $2.99 -> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by slammajamma28, Aug 12, 2013.

1. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    All the features of the award-winning MapMyRun basic app PLUS:
    • Ad-free experience (on mobile)
    • Integrated GPS Camera
    • iPod controls built in

The big draw here is AD FREE.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    I am pretty sure that this apps require monthly subscription/ service fee (as an IAP) as well.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I was wondering about this cos the app description, under top inapp, there's a "1 month."

What's the subscription for?

4. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    #4 biokid, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    After doing some researching it is some kind of scam ("double dipping) by the publisher to make us pay again to keep the app running at its full capacity. Well, just avoid this app even it is free, I heard that a lot of people complain about it and many complaints are taken down by the dev.

To EP: If you are a running addict or a long distance runner like me, you don't need all this techie apps/ gear to design/ track/ or plan your run for you. Plan it yourself and make your decision as you go along, it is way more productive and interesting. This helps improve your navigation skill as well.

5. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Downloading and use when traveling! Great app.

6. crazy dad

crazy dad Active Member

Oct 21, 2010
  7. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    I agree, i've tried a lot of them, and after a while, i run without them. I prefer to be free.

Anyway, the one i prefer was ismoothrun. No monthly subscription (it's so unuseful), and a better accuracy.

Zombie run was fun at the beginning too!

8. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    Yeah, I like Zombie Run as well!

9. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    The subscription is for bonus features (that I don't find all that necessary) including:

- Live friend tracking
    - Audio coaching
    - Interval training
    - Advanced analytics
    - Much more

The Plus version, like I said, it mainly to make it ad-free. I've been using it for a year, so it's nice to be rid of the ads.

10. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I generally like these apps. I have been using the hiking one with my kids for a few weeks and, while I can't say it's 100% accurate, it's a nice tool to track where I am, where I'm going, how far I've gone and my elevation. I noticed I just missed the $.99 sale for the ad-free hiking one so I'll pick that one up when it drops again (seems to happen every month or two). In the meantime, I'm happy to grab this one for free in case I ever start running again. I have the Nike app that seems pretty similar but can't vouch on which one is better.

Also, on the hiking one, the IAP is the MVP add-ons, which are totally unnecessary.