Isle of Tune - coming soon to iOS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Fireball926, May 4, 2011.

1. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
  2. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    How do you know this? Are you the dev?

3. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009

You could just check out the website he posted...

4. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Ya know, I did, and totally didn't see that advert at the bottom. The game loaded in less than a second, so I didn't get much chance to. My bad.

5. happylander

happylander Member

May 5, 2011
    hello,

I made Isle of Tune, and it is indeed coming to iOS - iPad first later this month, then iPhone + iPod Touch. I was going to start a thread on it here closer to launch - but if anyones interested in more information now, ask away!

here is a quick demo of the iPad version: http://youtu.be/D_Xd8QgmxW8

6. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    nice! rly looking forward to this :D love the sounds!

7. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Oh I'm sorry! If you want I can ask a mod to shut this down and you can make your own! sorry!!

8. happylander

happylander Member

May 5, 2011
    no apology needed - I appreciate your interest in it enough to post about it in the first place!

Isle of Tune was kind of pet project that's built up a great community through word of mouth and user input and that's how I'd like it continue for the iOS version!

9. First found out about that site a month ago, and it's a fun little time waster. I wish there were more innovative music-making "apps" like Isle of Tune. Looking forward to the iOS version.

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Definitely a cool app, but possibly too difficult for your average user? Laying down objects is easy enough but when it comes to choosing notes I get the feeling most people will just trust to blind luck.

11. happylander

happylander Member

May 5, 2011
    yes it's been interesting seeing seeing how different people approach it. It is a 'sandbox' type game so you can pretty much do what you like with it.

Some people are able to construct amazing renditions of music eg: http://isleoftune.com/?id=48359 whereas I tend to just make simple short loops eg: http://isleoftune.com/?id=73624

the default mode is set so that all musical notes will sound harmonic with each other so it's hard to make something sound too bad!

12. e_sweezy

e_sweezy Member

Mar 2, 2011
    available now for iPhone.