Universal Card Crawl (by Arnold Rauers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Tinytouchtales, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    As @LordGek said, iOS version is out.

Well i do understand that "losing everything" is more challenging but i also think the problem with random ability cards is that you can just have a bad run and lose just because of bad randomness. We try to address this issue with the new mode where a bad run will only delay you a bit. Overall this mode will hopefully be more fun then streaks.

@Jcho133 and @vectorarchitekt what issues do you guys have. I would argue if you think about the quest a bit and which cards are needed to complete them they are actually quite easy. They maybe require a few tries but they are certainly doable. I would offer some tips if you have specific things you struggle with.

2. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #502 vectorarchitekt, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    Very kind of you to offer, as I'm sure you're busy enough.
    I know it's a matter of combining the right cards. Once I unlock more cards j will take on one unlock at a time with a constructed deck. Some of the newer ones might make these goals easier.
    I've never managed more than 100 gold. I think I k ow how to gain 25 life...

One question I have: the card that enables you to sell a card for its value in gold, and it says "monster cards halve their value and ability cards double it".
    I don't see a value for ability cards at all so what is it doubling?

3. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Some ability cards do have a corresponding value e.g. Life, Fortify etc

4. neiname

neiname New Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Really enjoying the game and looking to update to the next version (2.2)

Had an amazing constructed game today where I got 197 points completely crushed my previous high of 128. Got real lucky with my card pulls.

Cards were Tame, Faith, Feast, Heist, Midas Scarf.

5. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    So I made a 29 monster, then used revive and then bleed. When he attacked me, I don't think I got that gold...
    Did info something wrong?

6. Pianoartist

Pianoartist New Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Quests

Does anyone have any advice on how to complete each of the quests. I've been trying to figure out how to play and not use any of the special cards so I can at least unlock one quest.

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I don't remember the quests specifically because I've already unlocked everything (loved them back in the days).

The easiest one is of course the one you mentioned....it doesn't matter your score...just destroy every special card as soon as you see it and use everything else to be healthy and kill the monsters...it's just a matter of time.
    The other ones are trickier and if I recall well I was able to solve them only with constructed decks...so in case you didn't do that already first unlock every card and then play constructed mode to tweak your deck till you find a combination suitable to your play style and the quests you want to solve.

Loving the game, possibly my most played game last year AND this year even if I unlocked everything....challenges with friends in normal and constructed mode are keeping this brilliant and elegant game always fresh.
    And now Delve mode is just the icing on the cake (I like it better than streak mode which could abused doing endless low score 'easy' runs).

Trying to break 150 points with the new tweaked cards now!!! (Sitting at 148 now).

8. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
  9. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    #509 vectorarchitekt, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
    Please change the icon back to the deck merchant.

Also, when I lose a game is says "bad key" and a number.

10. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I can confirm this as well, just fired up a game, intentionally lost, and saw a big bold, "BAD KEY 47" where losing text would normally appear right under the dealer.

11. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    This was fixed in a hotfix released today, but no real information if the Key was truly bad, and if so, how it was punished.

[​IMG]

12. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    The Key was indeed bad, i removed it ;)

13. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
  14. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Nice, really cool. It looks complicated as hell though ;).

15. stevenmozart

stevenmozart Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Hello ,, I am busy completing the quest,, question : could you please define the quest that requires a delve score of 10??? ( which means to search for information) not up on all the new psycho babble,, a little clarity would not go a miss,,, also the quest to unlock the second dealer doesn't work,, quest are done but there has got to be a bug,,, the quest are of course gone and the dealer I can now see but putting the dealer to use does not work as the avatars do ,,, someone please help ,,, thanks

16. stevenmozart

stevenmozart Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Also I noted your bug concerning putting on the archer to have use of the alchemist dealer,, no go ,,, why am I not surprised,,,

17. stevenmozart

stevenmozart Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Card crawl inspired the game a fools journey,, maybe you could swap titles,, it just seems so appropriate:)

18. Tinytouchtales

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    Hi @stevenmozart
    If you can't see any new dealers even though you have selected them in the quest screen you should check if you have enabled Engery-Save Mode. You need to disable it to see other dealers: main menu -> settings -> Energy-Save Off.

19. mcgillpt

mcgillpt Member

Nov 25, 2015
    My absolute favorite addiction! (Card Crawl)
    But a few questions: what are the coins for, and how do I level up my health?

20. Patjelol

Patjelol Active Member

Jun 22, 2017
    While I appreciate that you add languages to the game, I'm never a fan of not being able to select a language in the settings. I want my games in English, yet it chooses the native language I have (Dutch). I have the latter for certain other apps that I need to have in my own language.

Caa you please make it an option in the settings in the game? And in case I have overlooked it, point me to it. In the case of the latter, I'll excuse myself for not finding it.