Decent Pinball Application

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by RttaM, Aug 24, 2010.

1. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I'm looking for a decent pinball. I was interested in The Deep until I learned it had a sickening zoom feature.

2. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Pinball HD

3. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    That's basically The Deep and three other games... not what i wanted.

4. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I like the Matmi games, particularly Monster Pinball, best of those I've tried. They're not for everyone as they don't have a lot of realism, but I find them more dynamic and playable than the Gameprom pinball games.

5. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I am considering Monster Pinball, but the the Physics is off (or so I hear).

6. misecia

misecia New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    UK
    #6 misecia, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
    Monster Pinball sucks.

Try Pinball Dreams & Fantasies - Espn & Freeballin' are pretty good too. Last Gladiators is outstanding but it'd be about $20 to get the full app :(

7. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    It depends on if you want something as close as possible to a real pinball table, or if you're happy with a simulated experience. Monster pinball is more like a riff on pinball than actual pinball. The physics are kind of a strange point of contention, considering the game consists of 5 different pinball tables somehow strung together. They weren't going for realism, just fun. It delivers in that regard moreso than any of the other pinball games I've played, even that $10 one (forget what it's called).

8. Fafner

Fafner Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Being a hardcore pinball geek who owns a few machines I hafta say my favorite pinball is Last Gladiator.

The price is high to get all the tables but to me it's the closet one out there to playing a real machine

9. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    It looks great as well, I might pick this up soon, thanks!

10. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    yanno you can pinch anywhere on the screen in the gameprom pinball games and it zooms out to show the whole table

11. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    You should try slayer pinball. I just dl gladiator pinball, I never knew it existed and I must say I am very impressed. It is the closest you will get to a real table that I've seen. I own pinball hd but put it int junk folder. Slayer is still my favorite because the pace is fast and reAlistic, the music rocks too and the mini games add a lot. I paid $5 for slayer which is only one table so $5 per table in gladiators doesn't seem so bad if the gameplay is there.

12. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

You can turn the zoom off if Pinball HD/The Deep

13. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    You can pinch the screen to zoom-out, and the whole table will be shown. There's also a new feature where you can play in landscape. (Pinball HD Only I think)