Universal Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (by Blizzard)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 2, 2014.

1. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    So if I play solo it still requires an Internet connection? I'm playing on an iPhone 6 64gb

2. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I think so, you are logged in with a battle net account, and I imagine it stores your levels on your heroes on their swrver

Test by switching to airplane mode and trying to solo, but I think it's always connected

3. Shebby289

Shebby289 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I've got the same issu on my iPhone 5S. Weird thing is it only happens when I'm on my home Wi-Fi network, no lag when I'm using cellular data. Not sure if this problem is hardware specific since neither my iPad 2 nor PC have this issue.

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #1624 Talbs, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    Is anyone else on an iPhone 6+ seeing the same interface as for an iPad? I'm not seeing my deck hand over on the right like the iPhone version should. I'm seeing my hand in the centre like an iPad.

I was running this previously on my 6+ using the ipa edit trick and this "new" interface is exactly the same. Even after I deleted my old ipa hacked version and installed this from the App Store.
    Is that how it's meant to be for the 6+. If so....it's bearable but fonts are still smallish in places.

EDIT: My bad. I still had another JB tweak running called anywhere that was tricking the app into thinking my phone is an iPad hence running it in iPad mode. That tweak was required since the last update because they had placed an iPad on restriction on it. All good. Font size galore now.

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Please start a new thread if you want to do Hearthstone financial theorycrafting. All future posts like this will be moved somewhere else, do us a solid and save the moderators some time.

6. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I love it. I am so happy right now.

7. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I've noticed the little delay now also when playing a card, it hiccups before the next card can attack. It only seems like it happens on attack turns though, not initial placement. Very minor annoyance, I have hearthstone on my phone and I am so happy I might dance...

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

So what's amusing to me about this release is that when Hearthstone first launched at tablet-only Blizzard's reasoning was something along the lines of they thought that the experience just wouldn't be that great on a smaller device because of how much UI scrunching they'd need to do. What seems to be the chief complaint about Hearthstone on iPhone? The scrunched UI.

If only I had a way to run some kind of report to generate a venn diagram of the original complainers and the complainers now as due to the universal law of the internet, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a ridiculous amount of overlap.

9. Womble

Womble Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Honestly I haven't seen much complaining about a scrunched UI. Or am I missing something?

10. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Oh my god, it is released in iPhone device. I'm very happy. But how can I take data from iPad to iPhone?

11. horizoniki

horizoniki Active Member

Oct 28, 2014
    Even though I am extremely happy with this release myself, I am kinda disappointed by the iPhone version. From my perspective all they did was a couple more sprites for the main menu and that quirky card play implementation. I am 5-6 hours in but I keep trying to swipe those cards out of the bottom, resulting in my command center trying to pop up.. I just can't get used to it. This is the one design decision I will never understand. The "My Collection" UI is just as tiny as if you were playing said iPad version on your iPhone. It's painfully hard to read stuff in there. It's still playable, and it's still highly enjoyable, I just don't understand what took so much time since the difference between iPhone and iPad version is almost non-existent.

12. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    You just need to sign in with your Battle.net account that you used on your iPad and you have everything back.

13. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Oh thank you. I'll check it. :)

14. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    I absolutely love the iPhone implementation. It took me all of three turns to get used to the "raise you hand, lower your hand" mechanic.

I will be playing a LOT more Hearthstone now. This is perfect! :D

15. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I was worried that it was going to be painful playing on a 4 inch screen, but when my hand is raised I can see everything perfectly. After several games I had no errors with my moves because of the interface.

16. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Really? LOL. :D

17. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    I fully agree with both of you. Very very well done. It works flawlessly as far as I've seen.

18. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Great, hope everything goes well! :)

19. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Why are you still trying to swipe after 5-6 hours of knowing that you need to tap on your cards to play them first? :p

I consider myself a HS "Veteran" and have been playing long before Naxxramas came out. It took a 5-minute mind training session to make myself tap on cards before swiping them, for me to fall in love with the new system. I don't understand how you can say the difference between the iPhone and iPad version is almost non-existant... there are so many small tweaks and quirks to set the both of them apart, that i'm glad Blizzard took the extra time to make it as fluid as it is.

I've been playing Hearthstone on the iPhone via modified .ipa files ever since I got my iPhone 6 last year. The cards were small on-screen and swiping was not an issue. However now that i'm able to "officially" play it via the redesigned app, I don't even feel like going back to the other interface! Pros of the new interface:

a. Cards are crisp, artwork looks great since the cards are zoomed in throughout the game.
    b. The board and effects remain intact and are "shrunk down" to fit a mobile screen.
    c. Mana crystals represented by numbers. Just perfect, IMO.

The above changes have been ported over fantastically to fit smaller screens, IMO and the fluidity of the whole process makes it a joy to play with on-the-go. Three thumbs up from me :D

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Is there any use of trying to play this game after never playing it before and not planning on spending money?

The only deck card game I've played is Ascension on iphone. I don't like constant Internet conmections but this game is so popular it's hard to avoid.

Any quick thoughts? I don't wanna feel like I'm getting destroyed by elite players + people who spent money. I'm also more of a cpu fighter than a human fighter so I can go at my own pace. Thanks!