iPhone Fieldrunners 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Isnt there already about this ?

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    It's not universal (afaik) so technically the iPad version is a different game.

3. florendas

florendas Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Why are all these developers not making universal apps anymore?

4. metalslime

metalslime Active Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Are there any other differences between the two versions or do we just need to pay double if we want to play it on both devices?

5. c1gar

c1gar Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Release date? iPhone is end of June, iPad 'soon after'. Do we have something more specific?

6. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Yes Indeed:D:D:D

7. Flare_TM

Flare_TM Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Is this out tonight or next week?

8. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    End of June or Early of July...according to Subatomic.

9. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    "Around July 4" is whats on the Fieldrunners 2 page on the Subatomic site. I'm going with next week.

10. AtomicAlec

AtomicAlec Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    We're shooting to have Fieldrunners 2 for iPhone out sometime around the 4th. We don't have a firm date, though, because we want to make sure it's as awesome as possible :) the iPad version should be out "shortly after". I'm hoping for a month after, but it depends on how much time it takes to make it perfect for the different screen size and better hardware (min spec for iPhone is the 3GS). I'm particularly excited about this version because the game will look incredible on the iPad retina display.

I'll try to answer any other questions as best I can. Feel free to post them :)

11. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    That's great. How much will it be? Also when will the original Fieldrunners for iPad get an update to fix Game Center?

12. Trysis3

Jul 14, 2009
    Awesome news can't wait :)
    Will the first game get a retina update ??
    Also hows the performance on the ipt4 ?
    Price ?
    File size ?

Thanks! :D

13. AtomicAlec

Nov 8, 2011
    Pricing for both iPhone and iPad are still undetermined, but they'll probably be similar to the prices of the original Fieldrunners. The update fixing Game Center in the original Fieldrunners for iPad will probably come out around the same time as Fieldrunners 2 for iPad (but hopefully before then).

@Trysis3 - Glad to hear you're excited :)

- We probably won't do a retina update for the original Fieldrunners, but anything could happen.

- Performance will be amazing, but that's one of the things we've been working on that pushed back our original "End of June" launch. Performance is one thing that we really want to be perfect.

- Pricing: As I said above, it will probably be similar to the prices of the original Fieldrunners, but we haven't made a firm decision yet.

- File size for iPhone will be between 40-48mb. iPad version will be much larger (over 100mb) because of the iPad retina art assets.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions :) Can't wait to show you all the game!

14. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    £1.99 (or close to) is a good price point for the iphone version but £5.49 is too expensive for the iPad version imho.

15. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Looking forward!!!

16. Trysis3

Jul 14, 2009
    Awesome ,day one buy for me!
    -Any info on how many levels the game might have ?
    -will there be an endless mode ?
    -whats the max number of enemies on screen ?!

17. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Not trying to be rude, but I already know the answer to the first two questions!

-25 levels across 4 environments.
    -Yes, it's called 'Sudden Death' mode and endless waves of Fieldrunners will come at you.
    -?????

18. AtomicAlec

Nov 8, 2011
    Super pumped that you guys are all so excited!

@pavarotti2007 - We're definitely talking a lot about this internally. Pricing is always a tough decision. Whatever we choose, rest assured that you'll get plenty of bang for your buck :)

@Trysis3 and @Jacob007 - Thanks for your support! So cool to see people answering each other's questions about our game :D I've got a long response for you guys so I've broken it up below :)

To clarify about endless mode, we've structured things in a new way so that after you complete a map's objectives, you can either move on or continue playing in endless. So, it's now an option at the end of every single map. Since coins are now linked to score, you can get some ridiculous amounts of money by getting really far in endless mode. It adds a pretty interesting dynamic.

Sudden Death is actually a totally different type of map. We're very excited to hear what people think of it! Essentially, we've opened up a whole side of the map so you battle a never ending wall of fieldrunners (instead of a directed stream). The goal is to kill a certain number of fieldrunners to beat the level on easy, medium, or hard. That said, you battle an endless amount of runners after you reach your goal, so it can be played as an endless map like all the others. Really neat stuff. It has much more of an action feel - you gotta have quick fingers to beat these types of maps!

I'm not sure about exactly how many enemies are on screen since the Sudden Death maps can really pack em in there. There are lots :)

Let me know if you guys have any other questions! Always happy to elaborate on this stuff :D

19. Trysis3

Jul 14, 2009
    Sudden Death sounds epic ,cant w8!!
    -Will there be free maps after launch ? ,id gladly pay for more maps tho
    -iCloud support ?(sorry if its been answeared before)