Playdek sale

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Talbs, May 6, 2015.

1. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    There's a bit of a Playdek sale till the 10th May.
    Looks like Agricola, nightfall, and summoner wars. With their expansions on sale too. Might be other games as well.

2. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Talbs-how abstract is Agricola? Been thinking of buying it for the longest time but the game setting always had me putting it off.

3. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I can tell you that it reeks of quality. Regardless if you're interested in the theme or not you can't help but appreciate how well it's done.

4. veryggyy

veryggyy Active Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Only Agricola price drops (2.99usd)
    I'm not sure #

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    It took me quite some time to wrap my head around Agricola as to play well you have to think several steps ahead as well as dealing with other players possibly blocking those steps...

It's a brilliant game with a lot of depth, but quite a bit of a learning curve. Easily worth the three bucks for the experience, I wouldn't worry about the expansion decks until you figure the game out a bit. Either find some other new players or prepare to be stomped by the AI quite a bit.

If you'd like to play a game like this that is IMHO easier to play - take a look at Lords of Waterdeep, which is also very good on iOS.