iPad Real Racing 2 - (by Firemint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#1101 Habakuk, Dec 25, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
    Everything is fine, thank you.

Please leave me alone with your arrogant attitudes. I knew that before (good compilation with tips anyway) and actually made a decent career on "medium" until I bought the wrong car. I am not the only one with the opinion that "medium" is way too hard for casual and unexperienced players (and "easy" is too boring); unbalanced difficulty is a main and painful fault in reaction games like this—and not just a cheap flaw. Learn to read: My main concerns with Real Racing 2 are:

• Most of the times it crashes on launch if you have Game Center disabled
    • Frame drops (game freezes for a short time) mostly in the crucial first curves on iPhone 4,—that makes me crazy in an €7.99 game, even old Asphalt 5 runs better, technically spoken
    • Buying an affordable car should not prevent you from continuing your career, unbalanced gameplay
    • Leaderboards not reliable, buggy and slow
    • Online games unusable because of unbalanced chances
    Until those really bad bugs are fixed I don't recommend Real Racing 2. That's not acceptable for an expensive game in App-Store-terms. I don't understand at all how touchArcade can recommend it as one of the "best games in 2010". Quality claims and standards seem to have gone dramatically down in favor of 16 racers in an iPhone game.

But I want anyone to spoil the fun. I will be glad when it becomes one of my "best games in 2011" maybe.

2. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Look, people can have different opinions about games. You and everyone else has every right to not like Real Racing 2. But your reasons for not liking the game is completely flawed and uneducated, and make you and your argument look stupid.

3. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I have to agree that in-premise, very few things are more game-breaking than a game that is too easy on it's easiest level, and too hard on the level immidiately above it. I have encountered this numerious times during my time as a gamer, and it will cause me to discontinue play of said game in a hurry. I can say for certain that this sort of unbalanced design does occur from time to time and that it's beyond infuriating.

4. helmania

helmania Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    And your opinion is what.... educated?

You are nothing but a hypocrite yourself. Because someone's opinion doesn't fall in line with yours, it's uneducated and stupid. In actuality, almost everything he mentioned about that game is factual.

1. The frame rate does drop a lot.
    2. Online play is unfair and not balanced
    3. Medium difficulty is much harder while easy is just too easy.

My problem with many on this forum is why in hell, can't somebody come here and express their disapproval of a game without you wolves jumping on their back. This is America and in America Republicans can believe the rich should get richer while the Democrats can believe otherwise. That doesn't mean all republicans should patronize and harass democrats for not sharing their belief.

Everyone has equal rights here, if you don't like what someone has to say about your precious game, just don't reply at all cause in the end, YOU are the bigger fool!

5. TooTinyMan

TooTinyMan Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Over there --->
    Worth it?

I've heard a lot of hype over this game. Is it really worth 10 dollars?

6. TooTinyMan

TooTinyMan Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Over there --->
    ???

And why do you people keep insulting each other???

7. TheManimal

TheManimal Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Cause some of them are Angry Birds!

8. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Yes. I've kept RR1 on my device(s) since day one and deleted it only get RR2. I can honestly see this surviving until RR3 comes out. I can't really say this about the majority of games I own for the iDevice. It's well worth the investment even if your remotely interested. RR2 offers longevity as well as committed Devs that will be updating the game with fixes and additional content.

This also may help: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=1479685&postcount=51

9. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    I cant find anything anywhere, but how does this game look and play on the iPad?

10. ben18

ben18 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Canada!
    iPad version isn't out yet as far as I know.

11. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Well an HD version isn't out, but you can play the game on an iPad at 2x.

12. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    That's what I was getting at. Does it look like crap 2X?

I know the iPad version isn't out, but I want to play the game...

More than likely I'll hold off, but if it's going to be several months, I'd buy it again.

However, if it looks terrible pixel doubled I'll just wait.

There's no info on how good/bad the pixel double looks anywhere on the net or YouTube.

13. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    #1113 Grubjelly, Dec 26, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
    RR2 is my favorite racing game on iPod touch 4, but it looks absolutely terrible at 2x on iPad - especially the city courses in which the fences and telephone lines seem to dance like crazy. It could be fun for a while in 1x mode with assists (aarlburg track didn't look too bad), but I'd wait for the native version. I've actually never played Real Racing HD, by the way.

14. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Is this still fun for a casual racing fan? I've enjoyed Asphalt and NFSU, but I'm wondering if this is too hardcore for me. (It was hard for me to get into RR1 because of the lack of licensed cars.)

15. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Well I already said that it's okay if someone differs opinion with me, but if they have an uneducated reason, then their argument won't be put into consideration by me. I guess you completely ignored my entire post. Anyways, let's take a look at his "argument" now that I have some time:

TA isn't Firemint's website. Firemint.com is their website. They're dedicating most of their customer service at Firemint.com/support, so he should not be complaining of the lack of attention Firemint is putting here. They will be checking this thread only periodically and not as actively as their own site, so obviously quite a few problems on this thread will be missed. And again, regarding his hardware issues, Firemint has already helped sort out some problems, but he needs to be able to understand Firemint addresses their own website first and foremost.

Even if we assume he somehow magically missed the Quick Race button (a mode designed specifically for just driving a race without doing qualifiers, entry fees, customizing, etc.), careers only require you to press a couple more buttons. Also, the requirements are always able to be fulfilled after completing the previous career events, so you can just keep progressing on without needing to repeat something multiple times to meet the requirements.

Firstly, Firemint is based in Australia. Gameloft is based in Europe, more specifically France but I'm not 100% sure. Naturally Firemint will be primarily English while Gameloft incorporates some more languages. While I do sympathize with him and believe that companies need to start looking at a more international basis when it comes to this, translating a game (especially one on the scope of Real Racing 2) will take a decent translator as well as time. I have seen in reviews in both the internet and the App Store saying many of Gameloft's foreign translations are very sloppy. Considering the level of English Habakuk has displayed in his "argument", I'm sure that reading English will be as good as reading whatever language he desires to read in written sloppily as a result of some low-effort translating.

Firstly, it's his fault for buying a car way ahead of his event. And for him complaining he can't use a high performance car in his event, think about this: In the real world, are people just gonna let one person use a Ferrari while other guys are just driving average Volvos?

Next, earning money in Real Racing 2 to make up for buying a car you shouldn't have bought is not that hard.

Finally, they let you buy cars out of your current career event's requirements because people want better cars for multiplayer.

Again, firemint.com/support is the best way to go. I do acknowledge plenty of people are having issues with the game, but this game isn't just some bugfest that Firemint released way too early. It preforms extremely well on even some first generation devices, and besides, Firemint has already worked out some issues on their own support page. So again, I highly advise Habakuk and anyone else to go to their own support page for the fastest service.

If this is seriously something you're going to put as a reason calling the game out, then it must be a damn good game. People have different skill levels on all sorts of games. He might think Easy is too easy and Medium is too hard, but I find Medium easy as well, while Hard is too impossible. Then there will those people that think every difficulty is easy. JCS is a great example. That game is extremely frustrating and hard for some, while others might find it a breeze to go through. I apologize if he has done this earlier, but a wiser decision for Habakuk is to ask how to get better at the game first before saying the game is bad because it's hard.

As for these, I agree with him. However, consider these:
    - The car decoration thing is really minor. Now that you can respray cars and stuff, this isn't TOO big of an issue.
    - I must agree that the bumper thing was a bad decision. I appreciate that Firemint wanted a realer game, but this was just a poor effort. Either make the car fully degradable, or not make those effects at all. It may have even hampered the licensing of some really nice cars in the game :(
    - Firemint has already been plagued with critics that are displeased with the lack of tiers in multiplayer. While I can't give solid proof that they are working on changing this, I can promise this issue isn't something Firemint is just going to let go.
    - The leaderboard bug is already being addressed by the dev team, as reported by someone working on the support forums at firemint.com.

Again, see above.

From this sentence alone, as well as how he is done with this game just because of "tough" restrictions, it's clear he prefers arcade racers. But I'm not going to use an assumption as the core of my argument.

16. DTFS

DTFS Active Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Jus sayin, from out of nowhere that hard is easy IF you drive near perfect laps and never make a mistake. I like the challenge, makes the game more enjoyable IMO.

17. touchgamer32

touchgamer32 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Germany
    But there is no more opportunitys to practice on the tracs like in RR 1. Then how can you drive perfect laps?

18. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Do some Quick Races with the laps turn to the max, and get a feel of the map and the turns and where your speed should be around the course. Once you feel good about it, go to Time Trial and start perfecting it until you have a pretty fast time.

19. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    That makes little sense. If it's easy, then it's not challenging. If it's challenging, then it's not easy. My experience is that it's easy except when it's not, and not except when it is.

20. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    I don't understand why the online lobby isn't divided into classes, it's quite stupid and makes no sense at all, it makes the online not worth playing and I now regret wasting $10 on this game. The career is good but not worth the price tag and if they don't fix this issue then I fear they are going to loose alot of business as they will certaintly loose mine. I also feel this platform is going nowhere, sure the graphics keep getting better but we all know that doesn't make a game good.