★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-09-2013, 01:58 AM
Thank you - saved me wasting my time and money on this! Without a doubt this will go free, that must be why the timers are there, plus no iPhone 5/5S support is very poor. It takes 2 minutes to add the few lines of text to the plst and the screen file :@
11-09-2013, 07:15 AM
I'm just glad I could help. I think I'm gonna try for my first ever refund. Not sure if I'll get it but it's most certainly false advertising, double dipping.

Unless the developer steps up and says they'll remove said timers... I won't be holding my breath.

11-09-2013, 08:11 AM
Looking at the gameplay video the game actually looks amazing and fun. But that timer kills it. I wouldn't have expected that with a game this price.
11-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Looking at the gameplay video the game actually looks amazing and fun. But that timer kills it. I wouldn't have expected that with a game this price.
Yeah seriously. If your patient, I'm sure this will go free sooner than later. That must be why the timer is there in the first place. It just sucks for the early supporters of the game and than after the initial "pay rush" ends, the developer changes it to free. Really rubs me the wrong way. Because this tactic exist, I believe it should be mandatory to state somewhere in the App description that the game features timers, just like it says contains IAP.

A premium priced game can have IAP and be totally fine and not have timers. This has IAP for Shards (currency) to purchase additional monsters, power-ups, and speeding up the heal timer. Also has IAP to temporarily gain Shard Doubler and Experience Doubler. Both temporary which is ridiculous.

On the bright side, getting a refund from the App Store is super easy. It's automated so I take it as long as you don't have a history of refunds, it just says immediately after selecting refund that it'll appear in 5 to 7 business days.

Last edited by ScotDamn; 11-09-2013 at 05:15 PM.
11-13-2013, 12:42 AM
Hello!

The game was initially targeted for iPad but we were released it for iPhones as well. My error in not posting to the iPhone forums as well. The launch version for iPhones has vertical letterboxing in the game - our apologies in not getting it optimized for launch. That said, version 1.2 is going into submission this week and will support fullscreen gameplay for iPhones as well as Gamecenter achievements and leaderboards.
I will post some more screenshots here tomorrow!

Edit: also, to address one of the concerns - with the Injured Units timer (the only timer in the game, btw), we can certainly tune it in the next version. If people are feeling like it's too punishing or expensive, we'd love to hear the feedback. The goal with it was to not have unit permadeath (like XCom) but still have unit loss during a mission mean something.

Cheers!

Last edited by Fox_Niemand; 11-13-2013 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Updated response
11-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Walkthrough Video

Hello all!

Thought it might be useful to share a playthrough video that we've got where we go over some of the core gameplay mechanics for the game. Enjoy!

11-25-2013, 04:10 AM
Version 1.2 is now out:

-Game Center support (Leaderboards & Achievements)!
-Everyplay video sharing - record videos and share them with your friends!
-Fullscreen support during mission gameplay on iPhone 4s or better

-Fixed an IAP bug that was sometimes resulting in odd Shard bundle amounts
-Retuned the Injured Unit timers and costs to heal
-Additional bug fixes

Any impression regarding the Timer and widescreen support on this version?
12-25-2014, 01:06 AM
Game Impressions

Digging old threads...

Hopefully the devs haven't abandoned this game, a lot of potential and appeal appears to have been overshadowed by the timer mechanic. At this point though, I'm not betting a fortune on it; but I'd rather keep my save data with me for safe-keeping, in the event that the game makes a worthwhile comeback.
As someone who has finished Mad Yama's campaign with (mostly) flying colors, I'd like to note that the timers rarely bothered me at all. At least, I believe I started playing sometime after Version 1.2 came out. Though following in after what others have mentioned, it may be best to avoid timers as a Premium game, if not heading for a trivial experience penalty instead.

The game as it stands is worth trying, pretty refreshing in terms of intuitive gameplay controls; rarely hinders in simple skirmishes, but in battles where there's opponents on three sides of the screen, managing the camera and your units may appear to be slightly time-consuming.
Game progression sets off in a comfortable pace, one or three replays should get you ready for the next stage. Most games rely on replayability, and this game's no exception; while I usually replay stages for experience and crystals, getting past a stage is easily possible by an organized team-comp, or by knowing what's going to come later in the stage, which is to say, losing is sometimes the way and motivation to discover what comes next and preparing for it. Knowing's half the battle, every now and then.
Gameplay-wise, the introduced classes are distinct and offers several ways in clearing stages, and keeping two of the same class variants would be suggested due to the skill-tree system being slightly restrictive in what you can and what you can't have; while this encourages distinct and important roles for each minion, I do hope they implement a skill point respec later in the future. It's so much more entertaining to experiment without having to start at square one, especially since you have no option to even sell an undesired, poorly built minion.

Game's still with me, eating up a lot of my memory space. Despite what I said earlier, I'm still waiting for the game's return and a new line of updates to come. I actually want to see if there's an underlying storyline in all this and how each myth's storylines interact with one another.

Last edited by XenoCrusade; 12-25-2014 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Posting this as a Game Impression.