Universal KOMBO (by NeuBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NeuBit, Aug 16, 2016.

1. NeuBit

NeuBit Member

May 6, 2016
    Hey everyone, we are happy to announce the release of our new word puzzle game Kombo. Available now on Android, iOS, and Amazon. Kombo is a word puzzle game that is easy to play but will test your clue solving abilities. Please see the screenshots below and give the game a try. Would appreciate any and all feedback!

Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/tt/app/kombo/id1109551335?mt=8

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. NeuBit

NeuBit Member

May 6, 2016
    Does anyone have some feedback for us? We would like to improve the game

3. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    #3 Jerutix, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Just downloaded. Honestly, I think it's pretty awesome as is. Maybe you should have a tutorial turn or something, because the game just starts with no explanation. But as soon as you answer one clue, everything makes perfect sense.

The style reminds me of Bonza, which is a great thing. Very unique and crossword-y. Definitely a solid game!

Edit: Maybe you should make the first hint the number of letters in the word. Just having the clue is usually enough to get the answer, and it would add a little extra challenge.

4. NeuBit

NeuBit Member

May 6, 2016
    Jerutix, thank you for the feedback! I will definitely implement some sort of tutorial for the first launch.
    Regarding the number of letters in the word, this is already implemented. The blue number to the left of each clue is how many letters are in each answer.
    Thanks again for the input. If you come up with anything else please let us know.

5. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    No, I know that. I'm suggesting you take that away, and that you have to use a hint to get the numbers. It's almost too easy to have both the clues and the numbers. I know that's sort of how crossword puzzles work, but since the letters are already provided (scrambled, but they're there), I don't see why I'd really ever need a hint. Maybe I'm just good at word games, but it's just an idea.

6. NeuBit

NeuBit Member

May 6, 2016
    #6 NeuBit, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    Ah, got it. That is another great suggestion. Or perhaps making this an option for players in the settings menu? Like easy mode vs hard mode which hides/shows the numbers.
    And yes, I think it's just you. I find myself using hints frequently and I wrote the game! Lol

7. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Yeah, a setting might work. Also, puzzle 4 (maybe 5) has a clue about 4 Old Testsment books. Should be New Testsment books - Gospels. My degrees are in Bible, so I felt it my duty to let you know! :p

8. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Suggestions

Hello, all! frisbee10461 here!

I also liked this game, but I have some suggestions as to how to improve the game.

1. Originality. I agree that this game is a lot like Bonza, and that game was very similar to 7 Little Words. I don't see how this game differs from the other two. You have a great thing here, so by implementing some of the suggestions below, it should pop.

2. More Free Puzzles. After you complete the two starter packs, the only way you can play for free is the daily free puzzle. As a suggestion, how about giving the player the ability to unlock "paid" packs if they complete a certain number of puzzles?

3. Fan-Based Puzzles? I believe this happens in Bonza, but if you used a board such as this to ask for clues, and whoever gives you the best clues will get their puzzles placed in the game.

4. Proofreading. Similar to the previous poster, when it comes to the Bible, the general concepts, such as OT vs NT should be clarified. However, you can have some fun with this as well. For example:

06 Liontamer
    Daniel

05 Waterwalker
    Jesus

05 Skyfood
    Manna

10 Ultimate Battle Royal
    Armageddon

07 First Martyr
    Stephen

06 Doubter
    Thomas

05 Pulled from Water
    Moses

5. Current Themes
    For each month, there can be theme-based puzzles. As an example, you can have a field day with

Trump vs. Clinton:

05 Rugwearer
    Trump

07 Supermodel Candidate
    Clinton

The Summer Olympics:

04 Sore Football Loser
    Solo [Hope]

06 False Victim
    Lochte

08 Marathon Nookie Diver
    Oliviera

Summer Activities

11 "Manly Man" Cooking
    Barbequeing

08 American Pastime
    Baseball

06 Male Swimsuit Approval
    Bikini

As you can see, you can make this game stand out 100%.

9. NeuBit

NeuBit Member

May 6, 2016
    Thanks! This will be corrected in the upcoming update. Thanks again for your input.

10. NeuBit

NeuBit Member

May 6, 2016
    Thanks frisbee, these are great suggestions. Over time we will continue to add more packs, both free and paid. I also like your idea of fan-based questions. I will have to think of a way to implement this. Lastly, mind if we use your questions/answers in the game?

11. NeuBit

NeuBit Member

May 6, 2016
    KOMBO has been updated and has new features and a number of bug fixes. Thanks to everyone who helped point these out :)

12. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Missed this when it came out, but it is a lot of fun. Landscape would be appreciated, if possible.

13. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Still getting ads after premium unlock

14. NeuBit

NeuBit Member

May 6, 2016
    Strange, I'm not getting any on my side. Did this occur after a Daily puzzle? Or a regular puzzle?

15. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Sure, Use 'Em

Hello, all! frisbee10461 here!

To the developer who asked if they could use my suggestions, absolutely, feel free to use them. i'd be honored.

Thanks,
    frisbee10461

16. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    #16 Misguided, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    No longer happening. Odd.

The level up notifications really disrupt game flow. This could stand to have a sound play with a less intrusive notification.

17. NeuBit

NeuBit Member

May 6, 2016
    Good point. Maybe I will change it to a brief message that fade away