iPhone Alone in the Park

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kipper, May 5, 2013.

1. Kipper

Kipper New Member

Cheap Drunk Games announces Alone in the Park, coming to iPad June 15.

Play as a rather misanthropic gamer who finds herself lured away from her computer to embark upon a real world quest: finding hidden treasure in a National Park. Annoyingly, doing this requires her to locate and reassemble pieces of a treasure map. And instead of being populated with cool creatures like giant vampire squid bats or something, the park's forests, lakes and mountains are home to the lamest NPCs imaginable.

This treasure had better be f*cking legendary.

At first glance Alone in the Park appears to be a text adventure - but it's not what you might expect. While the narrative is told via text, to play it's more like a graphical adventure game. There is no typing out commands or clicking on words; instead navigating around the world and solving its puzzles is achieved via a graphical interface.

Alone in the Park features:

• Slow-paced, low-octane gameplay that will have you fully reclined on your chaise longue
    • A map to travel around around with, and a clear, visual way to interact with characters and items (no conversation trees)
    • Geographical puzzles and classic adventure game style quests
    • A style of humour and tone of narrative that has never been interfered with by a publisher

http://www.aloneintheparkgame.com

2. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Hhhhhhhmmmm,very interesting....It's kinda giving me a vibe on a simogo game...The concept seems cool and the lyrics of the soundtrack reminds me of the times when the characters of adventure time sings..

3. denisvjcr

denisvjcr Active Member

Oct 2, 2012
    For a second I read alone in the dark :eek:

4. Kamil_GoodnightGames

Kamil_GoodnightGames Well-Known Member

May 6, 2013
    New Jersey
    lol from the description it seems like your talking down the game, and from the video it seems like some kind of day time television drama.