How to conquer the chinese market?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Phil128, May 29, 2014.

1. Phil128

Phil128 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Germany
    Hi guys,

I recently had a talk with a chinese collegue of mine, who told me that pretty much everybody in China has an iPhone. With that in mind and checking the latest reports of the growing Chinese market. I wanted to hear your thoughts on how to get to these people. I did translate my description into traditional and simplified chinese but only got a descend amount of downloads.
    Do you have any links to review sites or even publisher contacts you would like to share?

2. Crichton333

Crichton333 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Game developer
    They do have an iPhone but they do not use the Apple App Store. There are markets in China that were setup by companies that have the enterprise developer accounts and pirate apps and games with adding their own legal certificate so chinese can install it without jailbreaking.

Also they inject their own ads into iPhone and Android apps.

If you track your apps be sure to post results if you decide to invest time into China.

3. Ironcode

Ironcode Active Member

Oct 23, 2013
    India
    From what I know, Chinese market is largely Android Based, and greater than 90% share is with the Android Stores run by the Chinese Telecom carriers. To get into that market, which is really the most lucrative chinese market, you need to partner with a Chinese Company, as only companies with a local office can put their games on the Chinese Stores.

Also, the games that sell well are largely Free to Play, are chinese translated, and have culture translations as well (Replace American Solider Image with a Chinese Solider, etc).

Now you know how to crack the Chinese market :D