App description: BLOODMASQUE is not supported on iOS 8, and future support is not planned at this time. Please play using iOS 7 or a previous version.

SUPPORTED DEVICES
Compatible with iPhone 4S or above, iPod touch (5th generation) or above, and iPad 2 or above.
Note: Requires an active internet connection.

ISSUES
If you encounter crashes or bugs that affect gameplay, visit Square Enix Support at:
http://support.na.square-enix.com/


The Hunters Gauntlet commences!
Stake your claim to glory and riches!

Peel back the masque, and look upon the face of terror.

An age of darkness has fallen as vampires rule over mankind, and only the half-vampire hunters can herald the dawn. Take a photo and come face-to-face with vampires as you star in this immersive action RPG. Connect online to recruit friendly faces to join you on the hunt.

BACKSTORY
A dark night looms for mankind at the close of the nineteenth century in vampire-ruled Paris. You are a vampire hunterhalf human, half vampirestalking your prey in the streets, fighting insidious oppression, and thwarting the diabolical designs of the vampire regime.

FACE-TO-FACE WITH THE VAMPIRES
Use a photo of your face to create your virtual hunter. Add pleased and angry expressions to see your hunter react in cinematic scenes and combat. Privacy settings allow you to reveal your true face only to those you trust, or customize your character without using a photo with the games built-in face creator.

*Please refrain from using offensive or copyrighted images. For more information on prohibited materials, please refer to the User Agreement.

ANSWERING THE CALL
Recruit hunters other players have made as comrades in combat, and fight evil alongside the familiar faces of your friends.

SIMPLE CONTROLS, DYNAMIC IMPACT
Intuitive controls let you tap to attack and swipe to dodge as you savor the thrills of pulse-pounding vampire battles.

LAVISH PRODUCTION VALUES
BLOODMASQUE makes the most of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch hardware to deliver spectacular visuals and sublime orchestral arrangements.

PLAYTHROUGH AND IN-APP PURCHASES
Skilled players should be able to play through the games main story in 10 hours or so (approximately 20 hours if played to full completion). The game is balanced so that in-app purchases are not required in order to experience the games full story.

BATTERY LIFE
BLOODMASQUE may consume battery life relatively quickly. Be sure your device is powered up prior to play.

SIZE
BLOODMASQUE requires 1.2 GB of free space on your device. Customers are encouraged to download via iTunes on a Mac or PC, or over Wi-Fi with the iOS device plugged into power.

metalcasket's comments:
01-11-2015, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomation View Post
What's more of a gripe is the people who payed for the friggin game can't play it now.

EDIT: the game has now been removed from the U.S. AppStore. Shame on Squenix.
Also here in Italy has been removed,finally,cause it's from 24 december that You can't play,and SE pulled out The Game only yesterday....buy at launch at full price!
01-11-2015, 09:06 AM
Joined: May 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,269
To be honest I got my money's worth. I played it extensively and to completion. I've paid more for burgers and they're only good for a few minutes (not countin Buffalo ones XD). While I kind of wish they hadn't completely disabled the game, I see their point. In the long run it was better to completely disable it than have people contacting them because they updated to ios 8 and their game doesn't work or some other reason.

"Doesn't work for everyone, period. Don't bother us anymore. "

01-11-2015, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post
To be honest I got my money's worth. I played it extensively and to completion. I've paid more for burgers and they're only good for a few minutes (not countin Buffalo ones XD). While I kind of wish they hadn't completely disabled the game, I see their point. In the long run it was better to completely disable it than have people contacting them because they updated to ios 8 and their game doesn't work or some other reason.

"Doesn't work for everyone, period. Don't bother us anymore. "
if you're referring to me to say"Don't Bother Us"i never bother anyone here,in other Thread,and in my threads,so,also for me it worth my money on it,only i start to play it too late cause i've too many Games to play,on iOS,on PS4,and PS3,and lot of game to beta-testing..but i put on it two month,play all The game,all The 8 Trials lot of time,lot of week gauntled,and finish myself with 99 level(The max) so,i enjoy The game,my only concern it's that SE had put a warning inside The App,but no warning on Apple Store App,so,I'm asked why They pulled a game so late from The store,it happen yesterday,i know from 3 Month that The server will be closed from 24 december,they know,why they pulled only Now? Its only that..and The game was work Without any problem on iOS 8x,i don't regret at all my purchase...
01-11-2015, 12:53 PM
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnake View Post
if you're referring to me to say"Don't Bother Us"i never bother anyone here,in other Thread,and in my threads,so,also for me it worth my money on it,only i start to play it too late cause i've too many Games to play,on iOS,on PS4,and PS3,and lot of game to beta-testing..but i put on it two month,play all The game,all The 8 Trials lot of time,lot of week gauntled,and finish myself with 99 level(The max) so,i enjoy The game,my only concern it's that SE had put a warning inside The App,but no warning on Apple Store App,so,I'm asked why They pulled a game so late from The store,it happen yesterday,i know from 3 Month that The server will be closed from 24 december,they know,why they pulled only Now? Its only that..and The game was work Without any problem on iOS 8x,i don't regret at all my purchase...
for a game that was paid and i paid in full at launch they should have left it offline then pull it from the store at least we could have played till it was unplayable on new ios. how would people feel if companies kept on pulling there games? online check is becoming the norm and its as easy as them not letting you connect, its like you buy a ps4 game then after 1 year somebody from the company shows up and break your disk, how would that feel?

Waiting for: Forgotten Memories
01-11-2015, 01:37 PM
Offline?
01-11-2015, 01:41 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: New York State
Posts: 2,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post
To be honest I got my money's worth. I played it extensively and to completion. I've paid more for burgers and they're only good for a few minutes (not countin Buffalo ones XD). While I kind of wish they hadn't completely disabled the game, I see their point. In the long run it was better to completely disable it than have people contacting them because they updated to ios 8 and their game doesn't work or some other reason.

"Doesn't work for everyone, period. Don't bother us anymore. "
I genuflect at your reasonable post

I boggle at the entitlement from people when it comes to these scenarios. Even the console analogy a few posts back is far off the mark.

For better or worse, iOS is not a platform in the same way as Playstation 3 or Wii U. It's a moving target where the OS and hardware changes wholesale every single year. Your PS3 games keep working on PS3 because what a PS3 is never changes, that is hardly the case here. When this game launched, the iPhone 5, iPad mini 1G, and iPad 3 were the cutting edge and everyone up to date (at least those not running a beta) was running iOS 6. It is a different world today.

There will come a point in *every* app's lifespan where the financial cost to the developer to keep it current relative to the income it generates will be in the negative, and that point will come much sooner with games based on an online server because they have an operating cost that comes out of the developer's coffers every day. At that point, the app is going to be pulled, shouldn't be surprising. This title was probably costing them money for the much of 2014, only surprising thing is it lasted as long as it did.

Game Center : "Chip H.". Grand Poobah of Troop "Touch Arcade" in Battle Camp (referral code: hns1w1 )
01-11-2015, 04:47 PM
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
I genuflect at your reasonable post

I boggle at the entitlement from people when it comes to these scenarios. Even the console analogy a few posts back is far off the mark.

For better or worse, iOS is not a platform in the same way as Playstation 3 or Wii U. It's a moving target where the OS and hardware changes wholesale every single year. Your PS3 games keep working on PS3 because what a PS3 is never changes, that is hardly the case here. When this game launched, the iPhone 5, iPad mini 1G, and iPad 3 were the cutting edge and everyone up to date (at least those not running a beta) was running iOS 6. It is a different world today.

There will come a point in *every* app's lifespan where the financial cost to the developer to keep it current relative to the income it generates will be in the negative, and that point will come much sooner with games based on an online server because they have an operating cost that comes out of the developer's coffers every day. At that point, the app is going to be pulled, shouldn't be surprising. This title was probably costing them money for the much of 2014, only surprising thing is it lasted as long as it did.
Your point is valid and i respect your opinion, all i am saying is when the game was bought at full priced i understand that apple product change every year and IOS keeps on updating and yes it is hard to run servers and update the game and they have to move on to new projects, your initial download gives you the full game the only reason for online was the multiplayer aspect and the gifts and so on, so by respecting their customers that paid for the game and the customers that spent tons of cash on the game they could have gave one last update make it offline and just let people play till it was unplayable by the new IOS, making games is part of my career and i have seen this done and it is not as hard as it seems specially for a company such as Square.

Waiting for: Forgotten Memories
01-11-2015, 05:05 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: New York State
Posts: 2,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by leocold View Post
... i have seen this done and it is not as hard as it seems specially for a company such as Square.
I feel you are deliberately misconstruing the situation because of your personal bias.

Consider that it hasn't been updated for a year, the team that knew this game's code base is long gone/on other projects. On top of that, the game has been of the online version since Nov 2013. To give you your final update is not a simple matter. People would have needed to be assigned to the project, they would have had to take the time to analyze the code changes through four different online version releases and figure out how to alter the game code to remove all the online stuff without breaking anything, then test it, then release it...

All so that they could reap the revenue of negative dollars...

Had the premium version of this game done well enough to justify such a "respectful gesture", it would have never gone free to play to begin with and this topic would not be part of this thread.

Square - a company that has been playing around with bankruptcy for some time - is being asked by you to spend considerable cash so that an insignificant number players who bought it at launch a year and a half ago would not have their feelings hurt while giving a premium upgrade to a relatively massive number of players who never spent a dime on the game. The logic here is faulty.

Game Center : "Chip H.". Grand Poobah of Troop "Touch Arcade" in Battle Camp (referral code: hns1w1 )
01-11-2015, 05:54 PM
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
I feel you are deliberately misconstruing the situation because of your personal bias.

Consider that it hasn't been updated for a year, the team that knew this game's code base is long gone/on other projects. On top of that, the game has been of the online version since Nov 2013. To give you your final update is not a simple matter. People would have needed to be assigned to the project, they would have had to take the time to analyze the code changes through four different online version releases and figure out how to alter the game code to remove all the online stuff without breaking anything, then test it, then release it...

All so that they could reap the revenue of negative dollars...

Had the premium version of this game done well enough to justify such a "respectful gesture", it would have never gone free to play to begin with and this topic would not be part of this thread.

Square - a company that has been playing around with bankruptcy for some time - is being asked by you to spend considerable cash so that an insignificant number players who bought it at launch a year and a half ago would not have their feelings hurt while giving a premium upgrade to a relatively massive number of players who never spent a dime on the game. The logic here is faulty.
you are right and i have nothing more to add but again from experience even before they stoped it they could have made a fail safe to make it offline and i have spent $9000+ on itune since the very first iphone and you might be well off but i don't like to see a future that half my investment disappeared just because the dev likes to pull the game this is my personal opinion nothing against you and Square.

Waiting for: Forgotten Memories

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.