App description: Revolution 60 is a breakthrough game for iOS, using the strength of the touch interface to tell an intense, movie-length story. It features gorgeous animations using the Unreal Engine and has gameplay that is accessible to the casual iOS user. It is fully voice acted, and lovingly animated with a cast of complex, strong female characters.

The press has called Revolution 60, "Heavy Rain meets Mass Effect." Players will control Holiday, a trained assassin using intuitive gestures with the touchscreen. Your mission is to regain control of the orbital weapons platform N313. Make your choices and accept the consequences.

Revolution 60 also has an intuitive yet deep combat system, designed for the touch screen. Players will battle on a grid, and strike when the moment is right with cinematic moves. Players of all skill levels can enjoy the combat of R60.

For best performance, we strongly recommend upgrading your device to the latest iOS version, and minimizing background apps while running. Revolution 60 supports the iPad 2 and all later models, the iPhone 4S and all later models, and the iPod Touch 5th gen. Support can be found at Revolution60.com/support

copaeci's comments:
Quote:
The game is out now at NZ
Price is FREE, with IAP for full unlock (Probably US$5.99)
Size 774 MB - No Game Center

Compatibility
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Description
Revolution 60 is a breakthrough game for iOS, using the strength of the touch interface to tell an intense, movie-length story. It features gorgeous animations using the Unreal Engine and has gameplay that is accessible to the casual iOS user. It is fully voice acted, and lovingly animated with a cast of complex, strong female characters.

The press has called Revolution 60, "Heavy Rain meets Mass Effect." Players will control Holiday, a trained assassin using intuitive gestures with the touchscreen. Your mission is to regain control of the orbital weapons platform N313. Make your choices and accept the consequences.

Revolution 60 also has an intuitive yet deep combat system, designed for the touch screen. Players will battle on a grid, and strike when the moment is right with cinematic moves. Players of all skill levels can enjoy the combat of R60.

For best performance, we strongly recommend upgrading your device to the latest iOS version, and minimizing background apps while running. Revolution 60 supports the iPad 2 and all later models, the iPhone 4S and all later models, and the iPod Touch 5th gen. Support can be found at Revolution60.com/support
iPhone Screenshot










01-23-2015, 03:37 PM
#21
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: On the toilet
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by qdiddy View Post
I sense bias. Eye expression? Really?
Why the 1 star was the game really that bad?
01-23-2015, 08:12 PM
#22
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Why the 1 star was the game really that bad?
The game has 4.5 stars across 434 reviews on the AppStore. What are you referring to?

The art style is quite polarizing, some people absolutely hate it and it could be as simple as that.

It bears mentioning that the lead designer Brianna Wu was unfortunately a target of the Gamergate movement last October. I'm not suggesting that is what's going on here, but by the same token it wouldn't surprise me. What's actually surprising is that her AppStore reviews weren't spammed with 1-stars.

Sources:
http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ate-human-cost
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6294720.html
01-23-2015, 08:28 PM
#23
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcitizen1919 View Post
Played through once. Superb. Animated story/adventure. Very well done. THIS should have been given GOTW if for nothing than to encourage women to become involved in ios games development.
No, you should never hand out recognition solely out of some political agenda. Review the game on its own merits. In this case you have, but don't undermine it by implying that the gender of the lead designer is in any way relevant. It's a condescending attitude: "Hey little missy, gurls can make games too!"

As an aside, there are many women developing mobile games. PopCap has several women in senior roles as an example, including their creative director. They are sadly still a minority, and the hostile environment of 2014 didn't help matters.
01-23-2015, 08:35 PM
#24
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 3,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucepolicy View Post
No, you should never hand out recognition solely out of some political agenda. Review the game on its own merits. In this case you have, but don't undermine it by implying that the gender of the lead designer is in any way relevant. It's a condescending attitude: "Hey little missy, gurls can make games too!"

As an aside, there are many women developing mobile games. PopCap has several women in senior roles as an example, including their creative director. They are sadly still a minority, and the hostile environment of 2014 didn't help matters.
+1 for a most astute comment! Right you are!!!!
01-23-2015, 08:50 PM
#25
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: On the toilet
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucepolicy View Post
The game has 4.5 stars across 434 reviews on the AppStore. What are you referring to?

The art style is quite polarizing, some people absolutely hate it and it could be as simple as that.

It bears mentioning that the lead designer Brianna Wu was unfortunately a target of the Gamergate movement last October. I'm not suggesting that is what's going on here, but by the same token it wouldn't surprise me. What's actually surprising is that her AppStore reviews weren't spammed with 1-stars.

Sources:
http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ate-human-cost
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6294720.html
Im sorry, I'm not talking about that. qdiddy rated this 1 star on TA and I was curious why it's so bad to him/her.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 PM.