Best games not playable on a 3GS?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by awp69, Jun 21, 2013.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yes, a self serving thread since I picked up a 4S. What's ironic is that if I go back through the GoTW threads and even the thread about games people always keep on their device and I realize how few truly great games I couldn't play on my 3GS (of course, going forward, they'll be many more I'm sure.)

I already had (picked up during sales):
    Arc Squadron
    Wraithborne
    Mauv
    Fibble HD

Things I've picked up yesterday:
    The Gods: Uprising
    Spiral
    Gloomy Hollow

Things I plan to get soon:
    Little Inferno
    Ronin
    Penumbear

I also really want TWENY but need to wait with the high price tag and the money I spent on the phone.

I know Bastion is a favorite around here but I have the 360 version.

What other graphically intensive games may I be forgetting that were iPhone 4 and up? Not seeing a lot of game of the weeks, etc,, that I couldn't play.

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Modern Combat 4 is great for multiplayer.

3. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Yes it is! Congrats on the new device BTW!

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Good suggestion! Have it on my Android tablet, but my son got it on his iPod Touch 4G so might download it on iOS as well.

Thanks! I've been wanting to upgrade forever (and took my son's upgrade :) ). I'm still amazed at how much longer the 3GS held up as a gaming device as far as compatibility. I think I only had my iPod Touch 2G for six months before it started to become obsolete.

5. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Aye, me as well. I don't know what isn't playable on the 3GS nowadays, but it seems like the 3GS is still compatible with almost everything that I care about. Doesn't matter now that I also have a 4S, but it does seem like the 3GS was quite the trooper in terms of compatibility. Feels like the other updated versions are getting dropped way faster.

6. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I have been keeping a list of games that don't support the 3Gs, so I can get them when I upgrade to a newer phone... Give me a second to find the list.

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Couldn't find the list, so just some from the top of my head and from some TA posts...

- Ravensword 2
    - Bastion
    - the woods
    - the room
    - XCOM enemy unknown
    - GTA vice city
    - Gangstar Vegas
    - jellboy
    - Gear jack
    - Last knight
    - Return to castlerama
    - Stargate SG1
    - Unearthed
    - AVP Evolution

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I was kinda disappointed with Return to Castlerama, but that is a solid list.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im not sure if these are 4th gen & up-only, but if you didnt have the chance to play them due to device incompatibilities, you might give these titles a try as they are highly, highly, highly recommended from me. Yeah... 3 highlies (omg i made a word :D).

EPOCH.
    Chaos Rings (all of them)
    Anomaly (Korea and Warzone Earth)
    The Walking Dead
    Mass Effect Infiltrator
    Spiral Ep1 (oh i see you already got it, but it's still worth mentioning :D)
    Temple Run Oz
    Indiana Stone
    Blood Roofs
    Into the Dead
    Unmechanical
    Demons Score
    Danmaku Unlimited 2
    Liberation Maiden

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    What a bot.

11. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Congratulations! You'll be pontificaterizing myriadicle, waxing hysosceles on them dames of vocabularitualizing!

:( I wanna be a Shakespeare-in-training like you.

12. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Umm... you are kinda underestimating the 3Gs....

Epoch runs on it, chaos rings, temple run oz, indiana stone, blood roofs, into the dead, mass effect, the walking dead etc...
    Only Spiral ep1, Demons score and liberation maiden dont run on it, so this is a pretty random list you have here...

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Have a few of those on my Android tablet, but good list. Also wish I had been keeping a written list somewhere.

That's OK E-P, I have almost everything on that list and I'd give them three highlies too :) . I remember the days we'd be talking up Blood Roofs for sure.

Believe it or not Liberation Maiden will run on a 3GS too but has an occassional crash. Runs and looks much better on my 4S though.

Thanks for the replies guys!