Order & Chaos Payment Method Voting Booth!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Ghost-Pro, Apr 9, 2011.

?

Which payment method should Gameloft use for Order & Chaos?

1. Flat rate (one payment only)

63.8%
  2. Monthly subscription

6.9%
  3. F2P with option to upgrade

8.6%
  4. Both a flat rate and a subscription

12.1%
  5. Flat rate + IAP combo

8.6%
  1. Ghost-Pro

Ghost-Pro Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    #1 Ghost-Pro, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
    Mods please don't move or delete this. I understand that this thread pertains to a game that already has a thread but I assure you this thread is different. I created this thread for the purposes of generating stats as to what kind of payment plan people want for Order & Chaos.

Feel free to discuss options of payment here! If you have another option, please speak up and I will add it to the poll as soon as possible. Enjoy!

LOL! Forgive my stupidity but only Mods and Admins can edit polls...

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    $9.99 flat rate if the usual $6.99 doesn't provide enough revenue for the server costs. Not interested in subscribing to an iOS game lol. Also, don't want to see another free MMORPG littered with a myriad of iAP.

3. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    There's not going to be a subscription payment... I think.

4. Skarthi

Skarthi Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2011
    Do u want to add in app purchases?,

and Maybe a one time payment, with IAP, but the IAP are only trivial things that don't actualy boost the players stats. I'm thinking pets, seasonal costumes, etc

5. Spicytouch

Spicytouch Active Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Student
    Canada
    IAP for stuff like mounts pets and costumes etc would be a good idea for the game i think

6. Ghost-Pro

Mar 28, 2011
    Free with option to upgrade includes all IAP options. However I didn't add the flat rate + IAP combo option... Now I can't sorry :(

7. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    i don't think i can afford a subscription...
    and i can't stand F2P cause you can never buy enough, and people who do will always be ahead of you

8. Spicytouch

Spicytouch Active Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Student
    Canada
    Well i can tell you right now if they make an item shop were you can buy godly equips and weapon enhancments, I am defintally not buying this game

9. OpticCrash

OpticCrash Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I've been very controversial over this.
    Keep in mind, I'll buy this no matter what the price is.
    But heres the thing..
    1. Item shops are a big no-no in my opinion. People who pay more are superior to you, is that fair? No. Whose superior should depend on who devotes more time to the game.
    2. A flat rate cost can NOT support the entire game, especially if you want updates, which I assume everyone does.
    3. Subscriptions seem to be disliked by everyone here, But I assure you, It will support the game the most, bringing you better content. Although this seems like a sure-fire plan.. My choice would have to be..
    4. In-App Content Purchases seem to be unpopular as well. But have you ever played Pocket Legends? It sold levels and maps for a price, but you could still play content for free. I agree with that concept, and I think the prices for the maps were fine. (Although they could have used some more content.) Now don't get me wrong, I don't agree with buying gold or weapons, I purely support the buying of actual CONTENT.

I know I might get some hate for this message. But answer me this, Would you like a free game with little to no content, or would you prefer a game where you can choose to buy content. Making the game thrive, bringing you BETTER content, BETTER updates, and a BETTER game altogether.

10. Yeater42

Yeater42 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Without a monthly rate it's not going to be kept up as much. You all have to decide how good you want it t be. If they make more they will add more patches, increase level cap and make it a batter game! Don't just vote flat rate because it's cheaper. I know for a fact everyone can throw down two bucks a month. This game could be great... it could also fail because people complain before they know what's up.

11. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Same here. I'm fine with a subscription or buying vanity items but not gear that can destroy what you get through gameplay.

12. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Subscription means better content in my opinion. You cannot support a MMO on a one time cost model. At least it would be difficult. :)

13. OpticCrash

Apr 3, 2011
  14. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    i want to be able to pay for a subscription
    but i purely can't afford it
    i'm a teenager whos parents give him no money whatsoever
    i get by on the 30 or so dollars from my birthday/christmas, and whatever i can get from things like FAADVIP and killer apps
    i know it SHOULD be subscription
    but i just won't be able to play it if it is
    just me being selfish

15. OpticCrash

Apr 3, 2011
    Maybe a free version with limited updates, but a subscribed version with frequent updates.

16. Ghost-Pro

Mar 28, 2011
    To whichever mod changed the poll: thanks! :p

17. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    It's a simple MMO for a cellphone FFS, what else can they accomplish other than "kill X of monster Y" or "fetch me X of item Y"? Make it like $6.99 and move on. :rolleyes:

18. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    I don't want to pay monthly...
    I can't believe that there will be a monthly fee for a phone game! it's absurd...

19. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #19 backtothis, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
    Although I've grown up playing MMORPGs on the PC and have never had complaints about the pricing of iOS games, I really don't see myself as wanting to pay monthly subscription costs after a flat rate. If the flat rate is $6.99-$9.99, and the monthly subscription cost is only $0.99 or even $1.99, then I guess that's reasonable enough. If the subscription cost is going to be any higher than that, I really don't see how the game could hold up with enough people paying. This is the iOS market, where people won't even pay more than $0.99 for a game. In any case, we should wait and see what Gameloft has in mind before going head over heels. If they include iAP, I really hope they're just cool looking decorations/skins and not shortcuts. What's more is that most of us don't expect something like WoW for the iOS. We just want ONE damn decent MMORPG. There still hasn't been a single one in the past nearly three years that I've been a customer.

20. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Gee... users prefer a one time flat rate... polling illuminates everything.