Temple of Doom - A new platformer game by Take10 Animation - Beta Testers Needed Soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by take10animation, Aug 21, 2013.

1. take10animation

take10animation Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Creative Director at Take10 Animation Studios
    [​IMG]

Hey TA Fans,

Take10 Animation is a small indie studio focusing on games for the ios. We are 100% self funded. We are happy to announce that our newest game "Temple of Doom" is in the last stages of development and will be needing beta testers next week. I will provide a link soon where everyone can sign up.

In the meantime here's some info on the game. Temple of Doom is an endless platformer which you control an orangutan. The goal is to reach the highest floor possible without dying. Along the way you can collect bananas and then exchange them for special perks. There will be two game modes to choose from arcade and survival.

In arcade mode the goal is to reach the highest floor possible without falling below the screen. There will be a special perk where you will be able to gain a limited burst of speed to allow you to go higher much faster. Obstacles will range from easy, medium, and hard.

In survival mode you will need to collect all of the bananas. Let one go by and the game is over. One more thing, you will need to rush through each obstacle or die by drowning. Screenshots below.

Survival Mode

[​IMG]

Arcade Mode

[​IMG]

Main Menu

[​IMG]

We are planning on releasing the game for free with ads and in-app purchases. Don't worry no ads will pop up during game play and you will not be forced to buy anything in order to play further into the game. All of the games perks can be unlocked simply by playing through the game.

I'm looking forward to the beta testing phase and what you all will think about the game. Suggestions and ideas will be welcome. Stay tune for more info on where to sign up.

Thanks.

http://www.take10animation.com/

Likes us @: http://on.fb.me/10EYZjl

2. take10animation

Aug 1, 2010
    Temple of Doom - Alpha Gameplay

Hey Folks,

Here's the gameplay footage of what we have so far. Still adding a bit of polish before beta testing can begin. I'll post again when game is ready for testing.

3. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

See the threat, i thought it is a Temple Run clone, but dont. Looks interesting, can i join to beta tester?

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I hope I don't sound too cynical but IMO that gameplay seems kind of...plain, I guess.
    Maybe it's because I've been playing Penumbear and Freedom Fall...

Are there traps or other hazards as you progress? More environmental variety? More animations for your orangutan?

5. take10animation

Aug 1, 2010
    #5 take10animation, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    The gameplay footage shows only the easy obstacles of the game. As you go higher into the game the obstacles get much more difficult. There are some traps where if you go up the wrong way you'll end up getting blocked with no where to go. The idea was to keep the game simple such as games like canabalt and doodle jump. Of course we've added a few extra perks to make the game more interesting. Stay tune for the beta phase.

I'll be providing a link soon where anyone can sign up for testing. More details later.

6. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    The game is not terrible, but the action of main character is so gently, it will takes user do not have more interesting to play.

7. take10animation

Aug 1, 2010
    ToD - Screenshots 2

Hey Everyone,

Here's a quick update on the game. Fixing a few bugs and adding polish to the game at the moment. Beta testers please stand-by.

In the meantime here's a couple screens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    This looks wicked, love to be a tester.

9. take10animation

Aug 1, 2010
    Beta Testing Now Open!

Hey Folks,

Temple of Doom is now recruiting for beta testing of Temple of Doom. Any suggestions and ideas are welcome in order to improve the game.

Please sign up here:
    http://tflig.ht/1aMWP71

Thanks.

10. jhbaugh

jhbaugh Member

Oct 24, 2013
  11. take10animation

Aug 1, 2010
    Temple of Doom is now Temple Rise

[​IMG]

Hello everyone,

Temple Rise will be available in the app store on Jan. 30, 2014. Here are a few promo codes to play the game before anyone else.

We are already working on the update which will come in about a month or so. Plans are to add more game play, additional characters, and possibly more enemies.

If you have any feedback or ideas for the game be sure to write us a review.

Thanks and enjoy.

TMF47J3NYXXW
    4EE9LJMHWKR7
    RLEJ93WNKL36
    L4FJL649HFRH
    9XJ6TELK9PK7
    TYK6LKRPHFPW
    WHENW6TY9FM7
    RHN4TP3E9P6H
    M669WL7K9LJ7
    M6499R6KFH7W

12. Lavender