Well I just found the game that has pretty much the same basic idea I had

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Darth Ronfar, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    It's called "Epigo" and it's probably been around a lot longer in the original format.

It's basically about having like 7(or somewhere around that) pieces of your own against an opponent with the same amount of pieces. You place the numbered pieces on a grid on your side with the highest being the strongest in any random order then take turns moving each piece trying to push them off the board.(something like that)

My idea didn't have numbers but symbols and instead of pushing pieces off they either absorbed or battled depending on the number etc.. Then it just got to complicated and I gave up on it.

It still cool to find a game similar to the one I was trying to create...

It's like I read in another thread about people coming to game programmers with ideas and he says like 95% of them are like something he's already heard before.

I wonder if the guy who came up with flappy bird knew it would become what it is (or was?)

2. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Ideas are a dime a dozen. Make it like Flappy Bird, but with Candy Crush Saga. There you see.

Now to actually build something takes skills and hard work.

3. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    There really are some of the wierdest and in a way lamest games that are making all the money right now. For that reason I created the forum for all the good games that get overlooked. There are some pretty good popular games, but most of them are just well horrible. Some of them aren't even games just money making systems, not to mention all the clones.(can't believe there's like 100 versions of flappy bird? WTH)

4. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    100?!?! Are you insane? More like thousands! They are endless..everyday I see tons of flappy clones in the new section in appzap. I seriously wonder when this madness will end.