Sorcery Part 2 (By Inkle)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Aug 16, 2013.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

2. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    Excellent news, even though I still have yet to purchase Sorcery! Simple reason is that my backlog is far too big and until I start clearing though it, no more purchases (except Eclipse).

I loved Khare: Cityport of Traps (as I do the Sorcery! series), so will be picking up both Shamutanti Hills and Khare at some stage.

I'm heartened that the EuroGamer article mentioned sales figures for Sorcery! @40'000 copies sold. Less Apple tax and license costs, and Inkle has made enough money to cover living costs and development costs to justify completion of the Sorcery! series and prove that there is a market for CYOA (and especially innovation).

However, as Dene of Incoboto fame points out in his blog, x5 of his sales were due to high profile marketing in being featured in TA's Game of the Year. Likewise, with Inkle, I read about development work on Sorcery! on a number of news outlets.

The key seems to be getting the product known because there are so many apps released that it is easy for games to go unnoticed and unloved.

Nevertheless, it's good to see developers rewarded for doing something different, that enhances an old, venerable niche, through a novel re-imagining.

3. inkle

inkle Well-Known Member

Big news on Sorcery! - Kharé is ready, it's through beta, and it'll be hitting the App Store at the start of November. A little later than planned, because it became quite a bit bigger than expected!

We've also added two new features, which we updated into Part 1 as well: first, a new 3D spellcasting system and secondly, a choice of avatars, so you can now play the whole adventure as a male or a female hero.

The Part 1 update went live yesterday, so grab it and check it out if you haven't already!

Edit: more on our blog.

4. inkle

inkle Well-Known Member

...and we have a launch date. Sorcery! Part 2 will be available on the App Store Thursday 7th November. Not long now!

5. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Cool time for your planning lauch it.

6. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Yeah, baby!

7. That's so great!

8. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Inkle have largely ruined all other gamebooks for me, they pulled Sorcery! off marvellously, can't wait for this.