Console help.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by one.sixty.four, Nov 5, 2014.

1. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Hey, so I need some help on gaming consoles. I'm planning on buying a PS4 next week and already have a Wii U. I chose the PS4 because it has the most appealing exclusives to me and has a better future in my opinion (Project Morpheus, etc). But now I see the Xbox one is just $349 with assasins creed black flag and unity. The Xbox exclusives that are appealing to me are forza and halo, but the main reason I'd be getting one is so that I'd have all 3 consoles and never miss an exclusive. So what I'm asking here is, should I get an Xbox one even if I have a Wii U and PS4?

2. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I'm starting to think this: I'll get PS4, then if any must-have Xbox exclusives come out I'll just go buy that as well. What do you think?

3. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    A lot of MS third party exclusives are timed, although the 2 exclusives you mentioned will stay being platform specific. Having to pay for services is another consideration. Having both would be most ideal but depends on how much you're willing to spend in money and time.

4. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Thanks! What current exclusives will eventually be on other consoles?

5. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    This is what I did. I only have 3 XB One games, I purchase all the multiplats on PS4 and only exclusives on both the One and the Wii U. its good but right now I must say the One has been mostly collecting dust after I finished Ryse.

Its nice to have all 3 consoles but to be honest you would not be missing that much if you wait a year or so to get the One, that way it would have a lot more exclusives and the purchase would be more attractive.

6. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    #6 one.sixty.four, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
    ok. i think that's exactly what i'll do. thanks for the help!

7. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I wouldn't touch an xbox one even if they were $10 each!
    I love my xbox 360 but all the anti-consumer BS that Microsoft tried to pull at E3 just put me off their hardware forever, that coupled with the fact I hate the kinect, was the reason I bought a PS4 and I'm very happy with it. I still use my 360 too but I'll never buy an XB1 regardless of what games it has.

8. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    What kind of anti consumer stuff did they show?

9. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    Well they originally want to stop you buying used games or lending games to a friend and they wanted the console to 'check in' with Microsoft every 24hrs otherwise it would stop playing games and more and more.

Yes they reversed their decision on 5-6 things but only due to massive feedback from people but they showed what they really wanted to do and that was it for me.

10. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    In fact they reversed all that abominations because the XBONE hardly got preorders after the E3.

11. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    To each his own I guess. I'm primarily a PC guy but when it comes to consoles I would take the Xbox One over the PS4 any day. When it comes down to it the Xbox One just has a much nicer interface and Microsoft is a company that takes feedback and tries to serve the need of their consumers. I don't feel like I'm being biased, I do own a PS4, I just don't play it. I just feel a little burned by Sony after being given the cold shoulder with the Vita and its first party support. All in all, my personal opinion, grab the Xbox One AC Unity Bundle w/ AC4 at Costco(if you have a membership) for $335, or otherwise $350. You could sell off the 2 game codes if you really wanted and make a little money back too. Though, if you're strictly looking at multi platform games with a few exclusives in the mix, the PS4 might be the way to go if Resolution and raw power are factors. Then again, that Halo collection hype train :D

12. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    #12 one.sixty.four, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
    thanks for the alternate point of view. I think I'm going to buy the PS4 on Sunday, then get the xBox early next year once it has a bigger library (quantum break, etc). I'll get all the muiltiplats on ps4 because of the power and resolution issues the Xbox has had.

13. september

Sep 14, 2012
    I find it a bit weird people talking about the PS4 for Multiplatform games rather than exclusives, not that it's wrong (at this point in time) but a total opposite to the PS3 which was generally known for its exclusives moreso.

Out of interest, what games are you wanting to grab by January?

14. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

I would wait with buying a Xbox One at least till the Slim Model is out.

15. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    I would have really liked to buy an Xbox one as there's several exclusive games I really enjoy but after the E3 fiasco and them flip-flopping on so many things, along with their guy (ceo?) being so damn arrogant "well if you don't have good 24/7 internet then the one isn't for you, buy a 360" I just cannot do business with them anymore, as much as I'd love to play Forza my principles come before any game. I've never truly been a Sony fan but Microsofts attitude and contempt for their customers made me buy the PS4.

16. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Thanks for the help everyone. I ended up getting the PS4 and I love it. I don't see a use for an xBox one for a long time.
    So far I have:

Driveclub
    Need for speed rivals complete edition
    MLB the show 14
    Knack (Co-oP is awesome and I don't understand all the flack it got)
    Minecraft PS4 edition
    Plants vs zombies garden warfare
    Destiny
    Infamous second son
    Infamous first light
    Hohokum
    Transistor
    Velocity 2x
    Resogun
    Strider
    Trine 2
    And octodad 2.

17. september

Sep 14, 2012
    That's a pretty impressive first haul, nice

18. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I just bought the blue XBox 360 to replace my RRoDed one. I did flirt with the idea of getting either an XBone or PS4, but found that none of the games released appeal.

iPadisPlayingCounterStrikeGlobalOffensive...

19. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The problem with Knack is that if you wanted to beat the game using only one hand, you probably could.

20. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    For the most part yeah. But I've found Knack to be stupidly hard at some points, but rather do to poor design than actually intention from the game makers.

Really is a mediocre game all around.

My personal take on this console gen is XBone and WiiU is the way to go.

You get all the crazy triple A games and graphics on your Xbone, and then you use the wii u for the awesome Nintendo exclusives AND as an indie box, since the Wii U is getting about 80% of the indies that Sony is getting and Xbone is not getting.