Pocket Legends Help Desk

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by CassieTheChaoticCupcake, Apr 9, 2010.

1. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

CassieTheChaoticCupcake Well-Known Member

This thread is intended to be a go-to source for information about Pocket Legends, the newest popular MMORPG on the app store. You can ask questions, assist other users, or just have a little discussion (but keep non-game related topics out of the forum please).

I actually do need assistance with Pocket Legends and searched the forums (without success), so I figured I'd open up a thread where everyone can benefit.
    So... I haven't really played much today but that's because I find it kind of dumb as of right now. I only think that because I'm stuck in the towne with no idea what to do. I'm walking around talking to NPCs that provide no help other than where to apply my points (Strength, agility, etc). I typically like when a game has a tutorial or at least a run-down of all the controls and how to use them properly. I like to get familiarized with what I'm working with before I haul off and jump right onto something. I know how to walk around. I know how to talk to NPCs, I know how to use the in-game chat, I know how to zoom in and out/rotate the camera, and I know how to throw a ball of light at the wall (is it useful for anything and can it be aimed?). I'm a mage or something or other... If that's any help.
    If anyone can provide me with tutorial-like instructions or a list of all the things you can do and how to access those abilities, that would be great. All methods of fighting, interaction with the environment, how to obtain gold, changing your avatar's appearance... Anything and everything you can provide would be appreciated! ^_^;

2. Spocket

Spocket Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Maybe try selecting "Play" or "Quick Play" on the main menu instead "Enter Towne". That might help a lot. =)

3. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

When I started the game, I started in quick play and that will put you right into a game.

As you pick up new weapons, they will list what stats are needed in order for you to use them. So for me, I put stats into the areas I thought I would need to in order to use the weapons I wanted. My character needs a lot of strength to use weapons, so that is where a lot of my points went.

The best thing to do is just play the game. The bigger the group the more fun and easier it is to play.

4. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    #4 Mondae, Apr 9, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
    Ok sometimes I can walk around but enemys are invisible and I can't hurt ones I see and the other pc"s don't move. Is that lag or a bad connection?
    EDIT: my ping numbers come up to like 67358

Second, how do u talk to npcs?

5. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

You just "click" on them and they'll start talking to you.
    In case you aren't sure what NPCs are, they're Non Player Characters which means they're built into the game and there isn't a person playing it.

6. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    I know I trialed WoW and play runescape and many non online RPGs.

7. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

Just checking, dear ^_^

8. Distinct88

Distinct88 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    I posted this in the Pocket Legends release topic, but seeing as nobody seemed to be able to answer my questions, I'll give it a shot here too.

Okey, after playing this game for nearly 8 hours today, I have a few questions that I just can't seem to find the answer to.

In the description of every skill, it says "Cost (number)."
    I assumed that was mana.
    Yet when my Warrior had no mana, and vengeful strike and stomp were unable to be used, my Warriors taunt could be used.
    The "cost" of taunt is 25, or so it says.
    Someone please enlighten me.

Secondly, everyone on my list is just playing Forest Haven, so I decided to try and search for a game with a minimum level of 10.
    I press the "minimum level" thing, and a pad with numbers from 0 to 9 come up.
    So I type in 10 in the minimum level.
    Now how in the name of god am I supposed to press "enter" or "accept" of some sort ?
    The ONLY way to get the number pad to go away is to press the BACK option, which literally takes you back to the character screen.
    Again, someone please enlighten me.

Also, is there a way to see your enemies level ?

Third, am I missing something ?
    I'm level 12, and the only way for me to level is to play the Dark Forest campaign. Now I can't solo it, and looking through nearly 50 games, they all took place in Forest Haven.
    Which is why I'm asking, am I missing something ?
    Perhaps there is an option to search for another dungeon, and I'm just not seeing it.

Fourth and last, I've gotten all 3 classes to level 12, and I decided to stick with the Archer.
    So far I'm pumping every stat into Dex, but I have like a 130% hit chance.
    Would it be wise to pump a few points into Strength ?
    I know in some MMOs, DEX affects your ranged damage, while strength only afftects your melee damage.
    Which is why I'm asking.

All in all though, GREAT game, well worth the wait.

I deleted my Warrior Distinct and my Enchantress Distinctia, I am just enjoying the Archer way too much.
    Add DISTINCTHOOD if you'd like to play. :)

9. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I have the same problem with the numberpad. From what I know, Strength affects your overall base damage and health, DEX affects your chance of hitting with range and getting critical hits, and INT affects your overall amount of mana and mana regeneration. I also have an Archer, I love to play as Archers:D There is no way to see your enemies level as far as I know, and I have no idea about the taunt thing, it may be that the other skills were recharging, or that you still had just enough mana to do taunt. Add Astrauk if you'd like to play, I'm up for a game almost anytime:D

I think I enjoy playing this game way too much:eek: lol:D

10. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

A lot of that sounds like bugs that should be fixed when the developer gets enough feedback. It's just been released so let's give it a week so they can get all the kinks worked out ^.^
    Other than that, I hope someone can remedy your problem. I still don't know how to play lol!

11. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    well my ping averages out at around 400 which sucks for me, does anyone know the ports this game uses? i want to open them up

12. Spacetime Studios

Spacetime Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    We do know about the keyboard bug, it will be fixed with the next client push.

400 ping = .4 seconds, which is actually pretty good :)

You guys should come and post these types of questions on our forums, it is easier for us to monitor over there.

Thanks!

- The Spacetime Studios Dev Team

Pocket Legends Forums
    Pocket Legends Facebook
    Pocket Legends Twitter

13. lolymoli

lolymoli Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Hey distinct, wanna team up ?
    I got all the dungeon packs, except the last one.
    Hit me up.
    IGN: Dreamer

14. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Need to assemble skill unlock list

It sucks we cant see what the other skills are ingame.
    Here is partial list scavenged from sometingaweful forum. Anyone else got a more complete list?

Enchantress

L2 - Heal - "Restore health! Cost 30(mp). +10 Heal per rank." It's AoE heal, this is the only thing I've put extra points into so far.

L4 - FrostBite - "Freeze your target! Cost 20(mp). +1 sec freeze per rank." Good crowd control, but the 1st rank only holds em for 1 sec.

L6 - Lightning - "Blast surrounding enemies with lightning! Cost 30(mp). +10 damage per rank." AoE damage.

L8 - Resurrect - "Bring your friends back immediately! Cost 70(mp) at Rank 1. Reduce cost -10 per rank." I can't see the worth putting point into this. Running from the start in a game like this doesn't seem to be that bing of a deal. Not worth it IMO.

L10 - FireStorm - "Unleash a big fiery blast...of FIRE! Cost 30(mp) +10 Multi-target damage per rank" The skill unlocked at 10, but it did not have a point in it like all the others...have yet to try it.

L12 - Ice Storm - "Snare targets in a bone-chilling ice storm! Cost 25. +Freeze time per rank." It's a frost nova. Glad I didn't put any point into FrostBite, this is were it's at.

Warrior

Archer (Thanks eight)

L2 - FOCUS Increases your chances to hit and crit, adding 10% to your chance every rank. I could see this getting obscenely powerful if you really cranked it.

L4 - BLAST SHOT - An arrow that explodes on contact, dealing AoE damage to every enemy around your target. As you rank up with this skill, the blast radius expands. This will be your bread and butter.

L6 - AVIAN CRY - An AoE attack centered around yourself that damages, pushes back, and can stun enemies. Higher ranks do more damage. Not my favorite, I mostly use it only if I'm swamped and I'm still waiting for blast shot to charge.

L8 - THORN ROOT - I like this one. If it hits, thorn root will lock your enemy in place for three seconds while dealing damage. You get more damage with higher ranks. If you ever solo, this is a great skill to have, because those big scary melee enemies can never touch you.

L10 - MEDITATION - Cost 10 mana. Restores 30 mana + 10 mana every rank. (Big cooldown, est 1min)

L12 - Restore - HP regeneration!

15. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I forget which level I got them at, but the next skills for Archer class are:

BREAK ARMOR - Cost 25 mana. Reduce target armor -10 per rank.

SHATTERING SCREAM - cost 20 mana. Blast targets and reduces their damage. -5 target damage per rank.

16. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

Thanks for the Enchantress foresight :)

17. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    You need firestorm man, it's a large blast radius, and CAUSES KNOCKBACK. This is pure damage ownage too.

Is there a way to switch targets?

18. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    And another question..which class is most effective in killing by level 10 in a party of 3 or more. It's def not the enchantress but that's given. Mines level 14 now and it gets owned by higher level monsters lol.

19. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Once I can log in again I can note down the Warrior skills, but off the top of my head you get a crit rate buff early on so keep all your early points for that skill (lasts for 2/3 of the cooldown time, so about 30 seconds of buff then 15 seconds left to cool) and regen at level 16, doesn't last long but you can get back a good chunk of hp in a hurry, takes a lot of mana.

20. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    I have an issue that i need help with... Whenever i play this game, my iPhone battery heats up to insane levels and goes dead before i can even finish a dungeon.. does anybody know what i can do about this?