Help identifying a game.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by slazareth, Aug 8, 2012.

1. slazareth

slazareth New Member

Aug 8, 2012
    I saw this guy playing a game on the train this morning. All the wording was in Japanese (I think) and it looked kind of like a modern day Galaga but with way more neon. At the bottom of the screen was a space ship inside some kind of forcefield (like a pink bubble) that followed his finger as he moved it across the screen. From the top of the screen things fall past and he would collect coins of some kind and dodge bad guys. All the while he's shooting lazers or something from his ship. The whole thing was very bright and neon and colorful. Looked like a lot of fun. Anyone know what it is?

The closest I've found is Space Wars GS but the graphics were way more exciting and there ways a lot more going on.

PS - Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I'm new.

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Radiant? Maybe Hyperships OOC, Space Retro, Phoenix HD, Storm Strikers or Danmaku Unlimited?

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    The problem with this question is that there are so many of those games.

4. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Angry Birds.

5. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

6. slazareth

slazareth New Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Wow there really are a lot of these. I don't think either of them are it, but Phoenix HD and Storm Strikers seem to be the closest. If I see him on the train again I'll be sure to ask what the game is and report back. Thanks guys!

7. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Well even if you don't find the game you were looking for, Phoenix HD is fantastic and is a must have for anyone interested in shmups.

8. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Sounds more like a cave shmup, u mentioned a pink bubble, check out bug prinscess, dodonpachi, Espgaluda... Next guess would be Lightning Fighter or danmaku/stormstrikers. how neon was it? Could be alot Of games..