Will there be a Skater Nation lite?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by lord-sam, Dec 4, 2009.

1. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Looking at the date of release for Gangstar, the full and lite version came out same day (or was that just the update).

Anyone know if/when a lite is coming, aswell as a 3Gs only version?

2. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #2 salsamd, Dec 4, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
    Most Gameloft games prior to Skate Nation have eventually received a lite edition, so yes, it will likely happen.

There is no precedent for Gameloft to release a 3GS specific version of a game, though it would be welcomed. So, no, it likely won't happen.

3. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    Lite

I think they should make some changes to the controls b4 they do a lite version, I bet alot of the people are holding off on this game because the reviews are mixed on the controls and if they try a lite version in it's current form they would be turned off of the game IMHO. I hate the controls and had to delete it after 2 days( total waste of $ ) not that I couldn't get used to them but the fact that I wouldn't want to get used to them.

BRING ON MIKE V. DO OR DIE
    it looks as tho it will blow skater toy out of the water!

4. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Probably, most other Gameloft games have lite versions.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I happen to really like the controls, even though they took a bit to get used to them. So no, I wouldn't want them changed.

Mike V. Do or Die will not have open world skating, so I doubt it will blow Skater Nation "out of the water." Still, it looks like it will be an impressive addition to the App Store, so I'll be picking it up as soon as it comes out.

6. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Get Touchgrind 10x better

7. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    They might add a lite later.

8. kiddblue

kiddblue Active Member

I hope so too; I really would like to try it out...

I also secretly wish more games came with a demo-like lite version just so I can try before spending $4 bucks or more on a game. :/

9. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    It would be possible to have a lite, just block off all the areas except the first skatepark you start in.

Probably will happen