Type Kill - Development Video + Renderings

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by dwc, Feb 27, 2013.

1. dwc

dwc Well-Known Member

Hello everybody,

we've got something new! It's called Type Kill. In Type Kill the EAC (Eastern Axis of Communism) tries to invade the west and you'll be playing as a heavily armed MKII MECH and battle waves of incoming EAC units.
    The enemies get bigger and badder as the game progresses. You'll even encounter bad ass enemies like attack helicopters and giant mega tanks.

The gameplay twist in Type Kill is that you're not aiming as in any given dual-stick shooter, you'll have to kill enemies by typing their "word" on your iOS keyboard. The cool thing is you can have fun playing a game while dramatically improving your typing skills :) But typing is not the only thing you'll do, you'll also have to pickup items like gems, health kits or the multi-strike skull by tapping the item or distract incoming missiles by tapping screen.

Visually we've also got a lot of cool things that probably haven't been on a mobile device before. Things that are implemented in games like Battlefield 3. You'll need an iPhone 5 to see all of these effects in game.

- SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion)
    - Realtime smooth shadows
    - Lens-flares and "lens-dirt" with chromatic aberration, if you've ever played Battlefield3 you'll know what I'm talking about :)
    - Dynamic Lights and explosion decals

The game has been developed with our own engine called "drahtkern"! If you've got any questions, ideas or feedback about the game we'd love to hear about them.

If you want to stay up to date about TypeKill fan our facebook pages: http://www.facebook.com/TypeKill
    http://www.facebook.com/drahtwerk
    Or follow us on twitter @drahtwerk :)

Also check out these cool rendering:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dwc

dwc Well-Known Member

Yay, we're currently submitting Type Kill to the iOS App Store!
    And I've got another rendering, it shows the alternate mech model vs a super tank. :)

Attached Files:

3. dwc

dwc Well-Known Member

4. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    I like the idea. I'll check it out. :)

5. lyace21

Oct 24, 2012
    Its fun but the difficulty seems a little unbalanced. Instead of getting gradually harder each wave it just starts with 2, 3 and 4 letter words on the first 4 waves with a fair ammount of enemies then abruptly on the fifth wave you get attacked by A LOT of enemies not giving you a chance to even type 2 letter words. I almost lost instantly and I had more than 130 HP. But honestly, its fun. Just need to fix that little problem :)

6. dwc

dwc Well-Known Member

Thanks! Would be awesome if you could repost that in the official release thread so we can spawn a discussion there: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2751455#post2751455

Glad you like the game and had fun, we thought the difficulty was OK (our beta testers also liked it). We liked the idea of an intense battle considering that you're in a MECH and you can stand a lot of damage. But balancing is always hard, especially as most testers are hardcore gamers ;)
    If are able to generate enough downloads and interest in the game we will make it easier, add more cool enemys etc. - I promise :)

7. lyace21

Oct 24, 2012
    No problem. Im here to help :)