Castle OF Magics is a fantastic game just beat it.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ilovemyipod, Oct 13, 2009.

1. ilovemyipod

ilovemyipod Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2009
    After numerous times of trying and many frustrating hours i finally took down that dumb magician.overall the game was awesome they always hit me with something new, each stage and power up was diffrent and all the little things made this game great 4/5.

2. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

in my opinion, soosiz is by far superior to castle of magic

3. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal

Agreed :) I liked the look and idea of castle of magic But the controls didn't work for me.............a deal breaker :(

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Not to mention the fact that it stutters even on a 3Gs...

5. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Castle of Magic is one of the worst games I've played on any platform ever.

Soosiz was one of the best, at least on iPhone.

6. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal

Agreed again. It was one of those games I wanted to love and after seeing the movie of the game in motion, I picked it up on day one. I just don't understand how anyone could like the control in the game with that virtual pad thingy !! Biggest disapointment so far.

7. vicsvenge

vicsvenge Member

May 5, 2009
    Yeah I def didn't care for that game one bit. Controls are terrible, and it sputters all day long, and to top it off the graphics weren't that great anyway.

8. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I agree...I don't know why I got Castle of Magic, definitely one of the worse games I've bought

9. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Well first of all congrats for beating the game. So lets all beat on the new guy with their first accomplishment!

Ok so "ilovemyipod" since you liked castle of magic you will LOVE soosiz! I think you will find the game a LOT better and the controls INFINITELY better and can't wait to hear you rave about THAT game!!!!!

10. ilovemyipod

ilovemyipod Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2009
    alright thanks ive already brought soozis even b4 beating castle of magic but i have other apps to play like zenonia,madden 10, and rolando 2, and modern combat ill get to soozis soon.

11. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    I wasn't too much into Castle of Magic.
    Soosiz is a pretty great game so far but I'm more of a Rolando guy.

12. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I just wish Soosiz had more gameplay elements, but I'm pretty early in the game (just past the first fan stage), so that might change?

13. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    get to soosiz NOW :p

those are are really good games but just try soosiz, i GUARANTEE youll be hooked

and welcome to the forums

14. DannyV

DannyV Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Graphic Designer
    I don't understand why people say that the game has such terrible controls, it works just fine to me. I've beat the game like 4 times already, it's one of my favorite games on the iDevices.

15. Ryan el champ

Ryan el champ Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    subway sandwich artist
    chicago
    +1

I thought it was a pretty good game awhile ago. Controls weren't a big deal for me either, but as new games come along everyone tends to forget about the old ones. however, soosiz is a great a game :p

16. Windburn

Windburn Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I haven't beaten it yet (I have too many games to ever actually finish one!), but I didn't have any problems with the controls. The stuttering on the other hand, was annoying as all hell. From someone who played this on a Nokia phone, I was really hoping that the iPhone would be the superiod platform.

The stuttering on my 3GS was unacceptable though.

17. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    I'm also quite disappointed by castle of magic
    I took it on sale even if I didn't like the lite version, I thought it might be better going on, but I really don't like controls and the overall gaming experience.
    While speaking of platform games, I liked spybot chronicles and am currently enjoying both soosiz and gold miner joe.

18. galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    I agree about the controls on Castle of Magic, but I thought being a swordfish was about the coolest power-up I've ever seen. Soozis is pretty cool. I feel like Bounce On gets forgotten about a lot in these discussions. I totally loved that game and got a ton of game play out of it.

19. debtOFskittles

debtOFskittles Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    *I* thought CoM was an amazing game. It actually didn't stutter that much for me. I couldn't beat the end though. I've played the game through twice and still haven't beaten it. Is that sad?

20. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Game no longer stutters on my 3rd gen touch, but I agree with most on this thread. It's a mediocre title, like most of Gameloft's offerings, it comes up a bit short.