Hip Hop Berserker - Coming Jan. 9 2014

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by HipHopBerserker, Jan 3, 2014.

1. HipHopBerserker

HipHopBerserker Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Game Developer
    Washington, D.C.
    FourTwoThree Studios is proud to present Hip Hop Berserker

STORY

Fight as Saro, a young Hip Hop Berserker, who along with the help of his magical-beat producing goblin, Carter, go on an adventure to save the goddess Hip Hop from the evil wizard, Hu Man Duong.

GAME FEATURES

14 Awesome Head-Nodding Hip Hop Tracks!

•Featuring great indie Hip Hop producers: Kyo Itachi, Brock Berrigan, and DeStorm Power! A NEW track each month! 

Hilarious Animated Cutscenes!

•Created by and featuring the voice talent of indie animator, E.A. Gray (Kung Fu Kintae)!

Three Difficulties!

•Easy. Normal. Berserker! Can you beat all three?!

Slow Down Time with BERSERKER MODE!

•Enter Berserker Mode and watch as you slowly crush your opponents!

Play As DESTORM POWER!

•YouTube Personality (over 1.5 million subscribers), musician, comedian, and finally a Hip Hop Berserker (Bonus levels only)!

Gorgeous Visuals! 

•Ten beautifully detailed environments and cartoonishly detailed characters! 

Game Center Achievements, Leaderboards, and Treasure!

•See how you rank level by level versus other players. Earn various achievements and unlock the powerful Golden Berserker Outfit!

I'm happy to answer any questions, provide a few promo codes upon request (email: [email protected])! Thanks guys and Happy New Years!

E.A. Gray
    FourTwoThree Studios

Attached Files:

2. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    When I first saw the title I thought "no.", but after seeing video it actually looks cool. I didn't know destorm was a rapper, I only knew him from vine.

3. HipHopBerserker

Oct 1, 2013
    Game Developer
    Washington, D.C.
    A rose by any other name, my friend. DeStorm is a partner in this project, and when he isn't busy making Vines he dabbles in rap.

Hip Hop Berserker is pretty cool, but don't just take my word for it:

[​IMG]

True fans of Hip Hop, anime, and swordplay-rhythm will appreciate this game.

4. HipHopBerserker

Oct 1, 2013
    Game Developer
    Washington, D.C.
    Free Advanced Promo Code:

F9MT73T4FJ43

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I redeemed the code!

I'll be back soon (if not, then tomorrow) with some impressions. Thanks!

6. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    This game is AWESOME!!! The art is awesome! And the writing has made me chuckle quite a bit (it has fully voiced and animated cartoon cutscenes) and it makes me feel like I'm watching a Saturday morning cartoon.

The gameplay itself is rythm based, so you swipe/tap at the right time in the right direction to jump/attack/slide/throw shuriken. Your berserker meter builds up as you get "perfect" swipes/taps. When the meter fills you enter berserker mode, which puts everything in slo mo. Every level has a cool hip hop track.

This game is great, I'm going to try and gather some attention for it by making some forum friends aware.

Really, I'm extremely impressed with this!

7. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Advanced promo codes? Didn't even know those coil be handed out aha

8. HipHopBerserker

Oct 1, 2013
    Game Developer
    Washington, D.C.
    Thanks for the kind words JCHO, hopefully with your help and DeStorm's help we can get the word out. We were fortunate enough to have a very talented group of people working on this game, and we'll keep updating it in the future...can't wait for the 9th!

9. jonthompson

jonthompson Member

Jan 8, 2014
    looks good! what are the controls?

10. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Cross-posted impressions from earlier:

First off, I love the artstyle. At first, I wasn't too sure of it, but after playing in-game, I realized how smooth it really is. And speaking of smooth, the game play is really fluid. At no point did I feel like the game was screwing me with timing issues or gestures. The story was pretty fun in fact, and I do think it's something that sets this apart from other typical rhythm games.

Regarding the cutscenes, there is an issue I'd like to address. As it stands, the clips always plays before and after a stage, even if you replay them. Instead, it would make sense to have the scenes play the first time you play a song, and then make it optional to view in a separate menu. This way, the player can cut down on time having to skip scenes if wanting to replay a song. After replaying songs, I noticed to to be a hassle, and annoying to have to tap to skip the scene.

Perhaps the biggest gripe for me is berserker mode. Now before I continue, I will say that I like the idea of it, but I feel it's too obtrusive. As it stands, when playing a song in the hardest difficulty, I enter berserker mode about every 10 seconds give or take. Keep in mind I'm not even fully upgraded. This in mind, I'm playing the song in slowed down half the time. As a player, I want to hear the song and play it regular speed, not constantly slowed down. Like I said, I approve of the idea, but it happens way too often to be fun.

I wouldn't mind seeing an option to turn it off, or at the very least, making it something you trigger (a la guitar hero or rock band).

I would ramble at everything else, but there's not much to say. The music is really chill and everything else seems solid. DeStorm is a nice touch which I enjoyed (fan of his for years now), and the coin system is very fair.

So as it stands, the few things I mentioned above are things I really took note of. There's a lot of potential in here, so I really hope you continue with updates.

11. HipHopBerserker

Oct 1, 2013
    Game Developer
    Washington, D.C.
    Pretty basic controls, swipe left to attack left, swipe right to attack right, swipe down to duck, swipe up to jump, and tap to throw shuriken. All with the rhythm.

Thanks CCB, we'll definitely consider that for Berserker Mode in future updates

12. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    The opening into is very cool and charming, the art style is polished and clean. The story behind berserker is funny. Easy to learn with swipe mechanics, so far so good.

13. Steelo21

Steelo21 New Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Impression: I LOVE the music! It's incredible. Very smooth gameplay. Why isn't this listed on TA as coming out tonight?

14. HipHopBerserker

Oct 1, 2013
    Game Developer
    Washington, D.C.
    One last free Promo Code:

R4HNX3LL997X

Enjoy and please spread the word. The game comes out later TONIGHT! Will be getting a featured video from DeStorm Power tomorrow afternoon.

15. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I hate when people redeem codes and won't say anything about it.

16. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    If DeStorm mentions it on a Vine or something it's bound to get a lot of sales