Atari Lynx Games On The iPod Touch ????

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PONGbyATARI, Jul 24, 2010.

1. PONGbyATARI

PONGbyATARI Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Wouldn't be great if someone would port some upgrades of the Atari Lynx games on the ipod touch. Here are a couple I think would be fun to play again especially if they upgraded the graphics. Todd's Adventures in Slime World, Chips Challenge, Warbirds etc. Hmmmm having a hard time thinking of more what ones would you like to see upgraded ports of?

2. sarahjohn63

sarahjohn63 New Member

Jul 24, 2010
    I played this game so many times. And just recently I download in ipod touch screen. I am very much crazy about Atari Lynx game, If you upgrade then it is best and I like its graphics which is attract to every gamers.

3. I'd love to see a legit Lynx emulator with licensed games. I'd totally go for that.

4. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I just wanted to let you know, OP. Your name is very misleading.

5. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I wouldn't know, there was the Gameboy crowd (me) and the Lynx peoples. Did you seriously own that system?

6. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    That would be awsome there are so many realy great games on the lynx games like Crystal Mines 2, Zarlor Mercenaries, Scrapyard Dog and Viking Child

7. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    The lynx was awesome. All the handhelds were and are, why limit yourself to one.

Were you seriously part of a crowd?

8. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Was an analogy but didn't make sense anyway lol. I never owned a Lynx though, didn't know anyone who did. I had a cousin who had a GameGear, thing took like a million double A's to run which sucked.

9. Jack111

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    The Lynx had the same problem but it was also way ahaid of ony handheld at the time

10. DavidHolliss

DavidHolliss Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2008
    London, UK
    My brother had a Lynx, I can remember him playing Summer Games (was like an Olympics that included surfing and other games) loads. I also remember him being sat within six foot of a mains socket 99% of the time. Sure it used six AA's in under 90 minutes. Almost makes HTC's battery life seem good lol.

11. PONGbyATARI

PONGbyATARI Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Still Do

I still own several Lynx systems with multiple copy's of the multi player games like warbirds, Slime world etc. I have all the games that were released in the USA plus some beta eproms that were never released. I have owned and collected video games since 1978 I sold most of my collection last year but I kept my lynx collection and a few other things the Jaguar with Tempest 2000 by far the best version of Tempest.

If there any game makers out there that need Beta Testing or any game related jobs please send me a private message I would love to get more involved in the industry.

12. Rozzie

Rozzie Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    i got a lynx about 15 years ago. still own it, as well as 21 games. faves i'd love to see ported are scrapyard dog, pinball jam, crystal mines II (still stuck on level 100) and california games.

rozzie

13. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    The Lynx was not only the most advanced handheld at it's time of release, but it was also more powerful than the consoles at the time (until Super NES came out)

The atari lynx was the only system that could do things like Hardware Scaling (once again, Super NES became the next that could do that)

May not seem like a big deal, but if you could go back to 1989 / 1990 while you were 15 years old, you would see how big of a deal that really was :)

14. Jack111

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Its even more impressive if you keep in mind that the Lynx was only beaten when the Gameboy Advance came out

15. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    +1 for Slime World

Wow, this brings me back.

Slime World would be awesome!

16. pajo_ojap

pajo_ojap Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    I seen this thread and said yes, for cool, what a great idea. Okay so I actually read most of these comments a day or two ago and just now am getting around to responding. I own both Lynx gen I and Lynx gen II models and about 15 of the games. I'm not very active in searching out the remaining games as I really don't want to spend that much on them. But the unit itself still blows me away at how it was so much further ahead than anything else, atleast as a handheld, at the time. I also would like to see Scrapyard Dog, Crystal Mines II, Viking Child, Todds Adventure in Slime world, Chips Challenge, Toki, Pacland just to name a few. I dig them out every once in awhile just to admire them all over again. (wanes nostalgic).

17. Jack111

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Slime World would be great port it to the Iphone and add online multiplayer to replace the comlink that the lynx had and you would have the best platform game on the Iphone