Puckerz! Gone Gold: What Pucks You? Trailer [Part 2] Released

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by GGi_Allan, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GGi_Allan

GGi_Allan Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Programmer
    Philippines
    Puckerz! has officially gone gold and will hit the App Store by February 2011. Groundbreaking Games marks this momentous occasion with the release of the 2nd Official Trailer of the game.

We're very happy to announce that we have already submitted the game to Apple for review. All we can do now is wait and see.

Official Trailer Part 2: Ninja Version

New Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Puckerz! is an exciting new arcade game where players take control of a Puck and launch it to any direction to collect as many orbs as they can before the time runs out. With its intuitive controls, players can drag, aim, release and unleash their Pucks, and watch it wreak havoc around a destructible environment.

Puckerz! combines the fast-paced, addictive fun and action of pinball and breakout games, but still offers a fresh experience by adding various gameplay elements such as Power Tokens to help the Puck, and Landmines and Pockets to hinder the Puck along the way.

The game features:
    - easy to pick up and play experience,
    - sleek, techno eye candy graphics,
    - 30 fun and challenging Levels,
    - 7 cool Pucks to choose from,
    - 29 unique Achievements,
    - and Leaderboards in Game Center and OpenFeint

Official Website:www.puckerzgame.com
    Follow us:twitter.com/ggi_tweets

Based in Manila, Philippines, Groundbreaking Games, Inc. is an independent game development studio founded in 2010. The formation of the company is the realization of the founders' lifelong dream to make addictive games they would want to play. Seeking to make the company name speak for itself, the company focuses on creating highly polished titles and fresh game experiences for players casual and hardcore alike. Copyright (C) 2010-2011 Groundbreaking Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and App Store are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.

2. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    You know, I don't usually like games of this type, but this one intrigues me. The graphics look really polished and the gameplay looks like it could be a lot of fun.

3. GGi_Allan

Jan 3, 2011
    Programmer
    Philippines
    You don't have to wait long, it's coming to the App Store very soon. And yeah, it's really fun - we spent more time playing than developing as we were nearing gold. We hope you guys would enjoy it as much as we do.

4. GGi_Allan

Jan 3, 2011
    Programmer
    Philippines
    The gameplay is simple and easy enough for casual gamers, but it also offers a hardcore depth that makes it very hard to master. :)

5. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Very interested in this.

6. shyguy3

shyguy3 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Looks awesome, I'll probably take the risk and download it when it's available.

7. GGi_Allan

Jan 3, 2011
    Programmer
    Philippines
    Thanks! It's gonna be worth your while. Plus, we're already working on the updates :)

8. Dazarath

Mar 21, 2010
    A couple questions:
    - Price?
    - Retina display?

9. GGi_Allan

Jan 3, 2011
    Programmer
    Philippines
    Puckerz! is priced at $0.99. Retina display is coming in the next updates. :)

10. Dazarath

Mar 21, 2010
    Great, thanks for the answers. I'll be buying this ASAP.

11. GGi_Allan

Jan 3, 2011
    Programmer
    Philippines
    No, it's my pleasure. :) By the way, may I ask for your personal opinion/s? I know you would prefer both, but if you would have to choose one which would it be, an over-the-air downloadable game or one which supports retina display?

12. Dazarath

Mar 21, 2010
    Well, my opinion is biased because 1) I own an iPhone 4, and 2) I never download games through 3G. So obviously retina display all the way for me. But if you were to ask someone with a 3GS, their opinion might differ.

13. GGi_Allan

Jan 3, 2011
    Programmer
    Philippines
    Thanks for the answer! I don't mind that it's biased. Player's opinions will always be welcomed. They help independent startups like us grow :)

14. GGi_Allan

Jan 3, 2011
    Programmer
    Philippines
    We're having an internal leaderboards contest within the company and some of the beta testers up to this point. And it's a lot of fun :) This coming update, I'll be inviting some of you guys to join as beta testers to play with us :D

15. Dazarath

Mar 21, 2010
    By the "coming update", are you referring to the first update after release? I believe you did say it was already submitted.

16. GGi_Allan

Jan 3, 2011
    Programmer
    Philippines
    Haha! I admit that was a bit confusing. Yes, we already submitted the first release for review and we're awaiting the result. In the meantime, we're beating each other up in the leaderboards since the beta test accounts are still active :)

With the "coming update", I was refering to the update after the first release since we've already started working on it. Hope that clears it up!

17. Dazarath

Mar 21, 2010
    Any word on the exact release date? Has it been approved by Apple yet?

18. GGi_Allan

Jan 3, 2011
    Programmer
    Philippines
    Hiya! Sorry, but we can't be certain on the exact date at this point. You know how these things work. :) But one thing's for certain, I'll make sure that this thread will be the first to know once it's out :D

19. Dazarath

Mar 21, 2010
    #19 Dazarath, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
    It's out.

Quick question: Do the different pucks have different effects, or are they just for looks? Because if it's the 2nd, it seems like it'd make more sense just to choose the puck under "options" and not have to re-pick it every time you start a game. If it's the 1st, maybe the game could remember the last choice you made, so you don't have to re-scroll and find the one you want each time.

20. GGi_Allan

Jan 3, 2011
    Programmer
    Philippines