Pixel Warrior- New Vertical Shooter

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DGH94, Nov 7, 2009.

1. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    #1 DGH94, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
    Good Morning, Cadet Finger. Ace Commando Qwobii here.
    How are you feeling? As you may or may not know, Pixela use to be a peaceful, prosperous planet full of Technology, ice and slime. But one day, the Evil Minions under Evil Overlord Byte Invaded peaceful Pixela. Our defenses were not enough to stop the hordes of Minions; there were thousands of them! Overlord Byte turned Pixela into a dreary, dreadful place to live. Everyone was depressed and miserable; there was not an ounce of hope left. The Secret Forces secretly worked on a super-secret, all-mighty super fighter that might stand a chance against the Minions, and ultimately Overlord Byte. For years they have tinkered with it, and now it's ready for action. We want you, our best pilot, to go into the unknown to try to win Pixela back. You might not make it back alive. Fight for your life, like there is tomorrow (There might not be.) All the Pixels are supporting you.
    Now go.

Pixel Warrior is a vertical shooter in the making.
    To move your ship side to side, just tilt, and to shoot tap.
    In the initial release, we plan to have two modes, Career and Quick Play.
    Career mode will have five worlds, each with three levels. Each level will have three stages, each lasting for 4 minutes. That's a total of 3 hours gameplay! Plus, there will be a boss at the end of each level, a larger boss at the end of each world, and a GINORMO boss at the end of it all.
    Each monster is different, some weaker, some stronger, some faster, some slower.
    In Quick Play, you survive for as long as you can facing hundreds upon thousands of monsters.
    For each point you get, you earn $$$. You can use the money to upgrade your ship's base machine gun, or buy new weapons! You can also buy new shields, and upgrade them as well.
    And for each $ you earn, you gain EXP points that level you up, allowing you to gain more mana for special abilities, or to increase the speed at which your ship moves, upon other things.
    Don't forget about the power-ups that rain down with the monsters, don't shoot them! :) :p
    Don't worry, there will be a P.W. Handbook, that covers this, plus all the details to make sure you perform at this best of your abilities.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pixel Warrior is in its infancy, and many of the things you see will change. Don't like something? Have a question? Please give us feedback/criticism/suggestions to make PW better! We want your input!
    :D
    Thanks,
    DGH94

P.S. We (froggy1233, me) will be posting new screen shots and info as we get closer to submission. So keep checking back and see what's new!

2. hardcoregamer

hardcoregamer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    hey

For one thing, aren't you supposed to be working on my game dgh94? Is this what you've been working on this whole time? And another thing, you should make it touch-to-move and make it auto-shoot.

3. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    Hey, thanks for your feedback. I got a new computer yesterday, so YAY!! I'll split time between the two.
    And I think we'll have an option for auto shoot and touch to move as well. Thanks! :D

4. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hmmmmmm. Looks ok.

5. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    Remember, most of what you see will change in one way or another. ;)
    So just keep watching this thread, and watch everything transform right in front of your eyes.
    :p

6. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I'm not too sure about the graphical style, it looks like you've put too many different "pixel size" images together... I think similar graphics to the ship would look cool.

7. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    The background will definitely change, as well the monsters. But not the ship... :p

8. hardcoregamer

hardcoregamer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    If you haven't purchased a dev liscense already, I'm getting one soon..............

9. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    froggy 1223 is the dev, I'm graphics.
    And yes, I do know I'm mixing some styles, trying to figure out which I like best... :p

10. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Is this better than Aqua Globs? ;)

11. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    Uhmmmm.... HARD QUESTION!!! (runs in circles screaming, head explodes)
    ;)

12. Zaz

Zaz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I like the Game Over screenshot. It's epic. Froggy, we need a hat with it on Cheese Collect :D
    I'll look at this thread because I'm curious (I never touched a shoot them up and I'll continue like this a long time more) ;)

13. silent genius

silent genius Well-Known Member

I don't think you can ever compare Aqua Globs with a vertical shooter. ;)

I'll keep an eye on the thread to witness the changes. I actually love shoot them ups so this will be on my "to watch" list. :D

14. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    Ok, I found a way to reattach my head. ;)
    Thanks a lot every one for your support. If there's anything you would like to see in PW, please don't hesitate to post.
    Keep checking back, later tonight I *might* post a contest if froggy lets me. :D
    And I might post a few screen shots along with it. :)

15. Mr. Crazy

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    Noob warning!!!

What's a PW?

16. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    I hate to double post, but I think this deserves a seperate post. What do you guys think of not only having a journey through space, but through time too?
    The normal monsters would be 8 bit, 1980s style, level bosses a little more detailed, the world bosses more detailed, and the end of career boss super detailed... Whatcha think?

17. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    PW=Pixel Warrior

18. Mr. Crazy

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    It was not a double post. I saved you. I think it's a good idea and dinos a very very long time ago and robots in like the year 3032.

19. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    I meant graphic wise... And I guess this leads to some more info:
    The 5 worlds each have their own theme.
    World 1: Slime
    World 2: Desert
    World 3: Water
    World 4: Ice
    World 5: Space
    Each theme would have its own background, color scheme, monsters and bosses.

20. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

We'll have a contest up soon ;)

Don't worry Zaz! I don't see how the ship will have hats, but I assure it will be customizable!